Imperial Captain Gerrard

Thurinor

I won't put any spoilers in here but I saw this guy off in a side room during the class story on Taris. He wasn't part of the story he seemed like a little bonus mob.

He is a boss level mob. I was 2 levels above him but he regularly and consistently smashed my face into the dirt.

Has anybody beaten him? Got any tips?

I won't put any spoilers in here but I saw this guy off in a side room during the class story on Taris. He wasn't part of the story he seemed like a little bonus mob.

He is a boss level mob. I was 2 levels above him but he regularly and consistently smashed my face into the dirt.

Has anybody beaten him? Got any tips?

Yeah I killed him, used every CD I had as a tank guardian with Kira out. Dropped a blue item for me.

I know there are several champions in side rooms in story and non-story areas, so maybe I don't remember this exact guy. However, is he the one that has the poison crate right next to him? If so, I was able to beat him fairly easily, because his attacks did very little. Main thing was you have to be sure to interrupt his reload or at the start of the full-auto attack, or you will definitely die.

• 4 weeks later...
Killed it in my first try (Jedi Sentinel). Almost died (had 5% hp with medpac on CD) and I kited him around a pillar in that room while he was trying to hit me and Kira hitting him the whole time. When my medpac came off CD i just finished him off. I tried to interrupt all of his abilities.

• 2 weeks later...
Killed it in my first try (Jedi Sentinel). Almost died (had 5% hp with medpac on CD) and I kited him around a pillar in that room while he was trying to hit me and Kira hitting him the whole time. When my medpac came off CD i just finished him off. I tried to interrupt all of his abilities.

I fought him a few times with the T7 with no results and then I tried Kira. She worked a little better but if you are doing your rotation right (keeping cauterize always up), you will grab aggro from her pretty quick. So what I did is hit him with the ability (can't remember the name but it slows his movement speed with my jedi sentinel) and then kited him around the room. This stopped him from doing high burst dps from using his chargeable attacks and Kira was smacking him in the back the entire time. Eventually, Kira grabbed the aggro back and I jumped back in and continued. I still had half my health. Mind you I used heroic moment and a medpac but you get the picture. You gotta kite him.

• 3 months later...
i almost got him as a shared tree 18 guardian with kira. i hadnt trained my interrupt and may not have had heroic moment (idk if i did or not but i know i didnt use it). mainly i ran away from him when he used flamethrower and used force charge to interrupt his next ability

actually i just did it using the same tactics i was(would have been so much easier had i trained force kick), heroic moment, and line of sighting him around a box in the room. i got a ding to level 19 and a random green. not ecven any creds. hes really not worth it except for bragging rights of being able to say that you soloed a champ thats around your level. Edited by Jedikillar

• 3 weeks later...

Just killed him and all he dropped was a green :(

First time I fought him, I didn't realize he was a Champion until half way through the fight. Guess I should look before I force charge :p

2nd time, it was a breeze with Kira out and me taunting him in the middle of the room (and force charging once it's off CD)

• 1 year later...
I think I killed him pretty easy with my sentinel because of my damage output, althrough I also made it on my guardian after using all shield abilities I kited around a pillar so he couldnt reach me. So Kira just finished the guy off, unfortunately this time he didnt drop a blue item, just a green sucky one.