The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is a Vengence Juggernaut good for pve ?

DarthSoull

What is the priority people are going with at the beginning of the fight? I'm new to Vengeance DPS and I'm wondering what the optimal approach would be.

I use this:

Easy to follow, but not the most hardcore of rotations/priority systems. However, it certainly works for me.

I see this same mentality and ego posting in the Assassin forums about Deception not being gimped.......

Everyone says "i can pull 1.5-1.7k DPS easy and im only in rak/bh" etc.....

Please post a parse of a boss fight where you are pulling this.

Anyone can spam a rotation over and over on a training dummy, infact I did one on my sniper the other night at 1.3k while eating some lunch and single handing it.....

Stop bragging blindly into the wind.........post a TORparse of a boss fight with those kind of numbers or stop putting false information into the forums for Bioware to read and go "HAH! See, they can do it! Everyone else needs to L2P!"

Stop bragging blindly into the wind.........post a TORparse of a boss fight with those kind of numbers or stop putting false information into the forums for Bioware to read and go "HAH! See, they can do it! Everyone else needs to L2P!"

I don't appreciate your tone. Challenge accepted.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/7417029b-8598-4781-94f2-805b085112f6/overview#d=0,f=1,t=1,b=1

Proof that a jugg can be as good as any other dps class...granted this was on a training dummy...but if I can pull this much my dps is still up to par in operations regardless of non stationary fights. As long as you know ur fights and when the right time to use ravage is, then you will have no problem being on top of those charts.

Edited by Baramore

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/7417029b-8598-4781-94f2-805b085112f6/overview#d=0,f=1,t=1,b=1

Proof that a jugg can be as good as any other dps class...granted this was on a training dummy...but if I can pull this much my dps is still up to par in operations regardless of non stationary fights. As long as you know ur fights and when the right time to use ravage is, then you will have no problem being on top of those charts.

Your relevant stats are ...? And w/ 25% of your DPS being Ravage, movement is going to drop your numbers a good amount. Do you really run 40+% crit or were you just incredibly lucky over 6+ min?

Well, with no Bloodthirst this is the best Parse I could find. I maintain 14-1500 DPS in pretty much all fights am in, and in certain situations I spike a bit more. At any rate here is the parse, Kephess fight:

http://www.torparse.com/a/12160/1

Not the best, not the worst, but certainly viable for all levels of hardmode raiding.

The thing is, 30% of your 1500 DPS is AOE against the trandoshans. They pretty much melt, and Vengeance is not known for having great AoE DPS to begin with. Kephess is a weird boss to use as a metric. You spend plenty of time waiting for stuff to spawn or the walker to be bombed. Judging by the DPS against the walker or bombers, your dps looks to be closer to 1200-1300 than 1500.

Also, posting DPS without specifying your stats or whether the fight was HM or SM is not terribly useful. 1300 DPS in Tionese is great. 1300 DPS in campaign is a waste of a spot.

Edited by Pestulan

Also, posting DPS without specifying your stats or whether the fight was HM or SM is not terribly useful. 1300 DPS in Tionese is great. 1300 DPS in campaign is a waste of a spot.

My gear is good enough to make my DPS a low ball figure for what I may be capable of. I'll try and get up a profile on that mrrobot site. I'm also trying to make myself better, so I can use my class to its full potential. My DPS can spike in credibly high with good procs and little movement...and I know that Juggs are on the lower end, but what I've been trying to get across is that a good one (and often a decent one in good gear) can be and effective DPS.

You make really good points, and I'll do my best to get a parse on a better boss. Any suggestions? Zorn and Toth?

*EDIT* Oh, it was Hardmode, btw.

Edited by KingFink

• 2 weeks later...

You make really good points, and I'll do my best to get a parse on a better boss. Any suggestions? Zorn and Toth?

*EDIT* Oh, it was Hardmode, btw.

Good bosses to test your DPS on are the first boss in EV Nightmare (healing through the missile bursts) and the third and last boss of KP Nightmare. All these encounters give you serious up time on the boss without too many interruptions.

It's natural for our DPS to fluctuate somewhat in EC HM because of all the gaps in our dps and running about. Toth and Zorn are a pain as much of the time you have to throttle your DPS if the raid is burning through the encounter too quickly plus the constant running back and forth.

Edited by JamieM

1400-1500 sounds about right for what to expect out of a Jugg's dps. That's normally what I parse the first two bosses of EC. It can get closer to 1600 on Kephess, but as mentioned above, almost a third of my damage comes from sweeping slash. Wish more fights gave juggs a chance to show their good sustained AoE dps.

On a dummy, I get 1560 pretty consistently, so factoring in various raid movements to lower that, then add in the dps boost from 1 rage V.Throw spamming below 30%, and something around 1450 is fairly reasonable.