best campaign relic for scoundrel sawbone?

Hi everyone,

I plan to earn those pesky daily comms for a campaign relic (along with the rakata ear & implants) when I reach lvl 50 as a scoundrel sawbone - hopefully soon! Anyway, there seems to be three good choices for those relics. Could someone share his/her opinions on them please? Thanks so much... They are

1) Relic that has a 30% chance of giving out a fix amount of healing every 20 sec or so (passive)

2) Relic that increases a fix amount of power for 20 sec or so (then cooldown)

3) Relic that increases a fix amount of crit & surge for 20 sec or so (then cooldown)

So which one is the best fit for the sawbone?

Edited by tintin_milou

Boundless Ages. Seriously, it's just so much better than the others that it isn't even a contest. The on-proc healing relic does an almost insignificant amount of healing on an infrequent basis. Your Crit & Surge will already be pushing the soft caps and so more of them will have little extra effect. Power, on the other hand, is always good.

1x WH Power, 1x Campaign Power (you could make the case for 2 WH relics but personally I prefer the emergency burst that a campaign relic gives you to the increased overall healing output from the WH relics.)

Personally, I would use two PVP relics of Boundless Ages with the flat power increase.

The persistent 20 bonus healing is more valuable to me as a healer than a burst of 54 bonus healing from the campaign. For moments where burst is important, you should be relying on using the right abilities to bring people back up as fast as possible.

Mathematically, Ephemeral Mending will also give more overall HPS than Boundless Ages. Ephemeral mending gives you a 50% chance to heal over 400 health every 20 seconds. So, theoretically, every 40 seconds you get over 400 healing done. Boundless Ages is 54 bonus healing on your abilities, but the cooldown is 2 minutes.

Edited by Elbmuh

Personally, I would use two PVP relics of Boundless Ages with the flat power increase.

The persistent 20 bonus healing is more valuable to me as a healer than a burst of 54 bonus healing from the campaign. For moments where burst is important, you should be relying on using the right abilities to bring people back up as fast as possible.

Mathematically, Ephemeral Mending will also give more overall HPS than Boundless Ages. Ephemeral mending gives you a 50% chance to heal over 400 health every 20 seconds. So, theoretically, every 40 seconds you get over 400 healing done. Boundless Ages is 54 bonus healing on your abilities, but the cooldown is 2 minutes.

OK. I don't do PVP unfortunately. I will look for the Ephemeral Mending Relic on GTN. Maybe it is affordable. My other relic choice would be the matrix-shard relic - I think. That is still a good choice, right?

i use the pvp boundless ages, but a matrix cube is good in terms of passive boost too, and a clicky alacrity since it helps with bost burst healing and energy regen via diagnostic. granted, at endgame lvl stats it only shaves a second or two off msot casts, but its definitely very noticeable and valuable to me.