Start moderating.

metalgearyoda

This just proves even further, that EA shouldn't be running in the MMO market... for all their Flaws, SoE and Blizzard are just plain better.

and I don't even like WoE ...

Also Trion are very able with their community support, unlike this game.

Moderators aren't CS. Moderators can and should close redundant threads and move complaints to CS forums.

OK, fine--the mods have abused their power on many many occasions and threads should be reviewed by a team lead/team manager before being closed

OK, fine--the mods have abused their power on many many occasions and threads should be reviewed by a team lead/team manager before being closed

With the amount of traffic this forum gets that's completely unfeasible.

If they are "abusing" their power you need different moderators. Not some bureaucratic system that makes people wait days for a thread closure.

CS should not be allowed to close threads period as they have blatantly abused that power on many many occasions

^ Plus all of the easy to gain warnings/infractions. It is nice to be able to speak my mind without worrying about getting warnings/infractions.

Seeing a lot of redundant threads and several threads that should be in CS forum.

Where are you guys?

the mods do not look at every single thread that is posted..

if you feel that a thread is a repeat of another, or that it is somehow against forum rules, report it.

According to whom? You? On what evidence are you basing this statement?

If they are "abusing" their power you need different moderators. Not some bureaucratic system that makes people wait days for a thread closure.

Again this is according to you because you want something done, you cannot substantiate your opinion because that's all it is, a biased opinion

This just proves even further, that EA shouldn't be running in the MMO market... for all their Flaws, SoE and Blizzard are just plain better.

and I don't even like WoE ...

Also Trion are very able with their community support, unlike this game.

this is a joke right?

You Know SOE is famous for having horrible CS. During SWG they banned 10,000 people because of a credit dupe scam. The people they banned weren't the people who duped the credits they where the ones who put stuff on the AH and the other players bought them with dupe credits.

as to the OP where do you think the new round of layoffs was? They didn't hit the development team that we know

Edited by jarjarloves

Meh I manage to do all my work for a full time job AND read every post in general discussion... there really aren't THAT many threads. Plus most of them are identical, merging threads should be more common, not just shutting them down.

Moderating is nice, but I would gladly do without it altogether.

I look at it this way- moderators cost money. Of the fifteen dollars BW gets from me each month, how much do I want BW to put towards moderating forums vs. making the game better? My answer: zero dollars and zero cents.

They now seem to have a generic CommunitySupport (cs) thats comes in once in awhile, not to much on the weekends, sure is a big change from a couple of weeks ago, when threads, would be closed in a matter of minutes.

Cost cutting measures, no OT, it seems :o

CS should not be allowed to close threads period as they have blatantly abused that power on many many occasions

"Blatant" and "abused" are a pretty strong words given the sheer volume of threads which criticize or are downright negative rants on the game, yet remain open.

"Blatant" and "abused" are a pretty strong words given the sheer volume of threads which criticize or are downright negative rants on the game, yet remain open.

Because the vast majority of comments on the forum are negative. 90%?, 99%?

prob cuz we have no endgame so we all go rage on the forum

Yes they are strong words--i knowingly and intentionally used them

Because the vast majority of comments on the forum are negative. 90%?, 99%?

prob cuz we have no endgame so we all go rage on the forum

My issues with the game are the craptastic patches being pushed into production...which then need to be patched which BW could fix with proper patch writing and proper patch testing before said patch is deployed to the live environment.

The boring and repetitive alt grind is what it is and won't be "fixed" anytime soon if at all--we were told alts would have different SL's...didn't happen.

That being said, I stand by my abuse of power statement

• Dev Post

Hello there,

While we do appreciate all forms of feedback, we do not allow public discussion of moderation in general. However, we ask that all inquiries, feedback, and comments be emailed to us at communitysupport@swtor.com so that we can address your concerns one-on-one. Any feedback regarding moderation, whether positive or negative, is appreciated and welcomed.

Thank you for understanding why we've closed this thread!