My last forum post and farewell speech.

Sharpiie

I've been playing around computers for about 37 years now and have been knowingly playing games for 34 of those years or so.

Disagree with most everything this kid says. I'm not rated so I don't have flashy numbers to toss about, but I've run into a few bugs, and while they're irritating, they aren't deal-breaking by any means.

Having done some extensive computer programming in my professional life, I also know what Developer Triage situations are like, and understand that there are only so many hours in a day.

I hope the Guild Wars folks enjoy their shiny new game, but their feelings about SWTOR are meaningless to me, and I'm sure many others. If you don't like it... just go. There's no reason to try to convince others.

You just... aren't... that... important.

Good luck.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to be rude, but evolution implies that there is enough time given to evolve in the first place. That doesn't describe this game's current situation.

Then you should know that evolution is not an overnight process, it's rather quite lengthy. WoW evolved over many years from a buggy,unplayable mess(launch) to a casual friendly MMO(Vanilla,few months post launch) to its current form with multiple difficulty raids and all the different PvP aspects.

Just my opinion, I didn't mind you listing your gaming pedigree(which is not as extensive as you think it is) but all your bloviating about your "world first" accomplishments, server best titles and the like was off putting and unnecessary.

Unfortunately we will all be leaving SWTOR in large flocks soon.

The Endgame of this game leaves too much to be desired, many of us expected KOTOR, only with standard MMO features added. Instead we ended up getting WoW, in space with voice-acting and a space battle system that not very many people like.

Many, many of us have given bioware our constructive criticism, suggestions and flat out demands for new features that would set this game apart from World of Warcraft, yet they have appeared to do nothing, and have not acknowledged any of us.

I will be quitting just like you in a month or so and i will be buying GW2, not because it will be "Amazing!", but because it will be F2P without damaging the overall play of the game with "P2W(Pay 2 Win)" content, and because It has new content that I have not experienced yet.

Bioware can fix their game, I have tried my hardest to shoot detailed suggestions at them, with no result, if they do the things i have suggested or even better things I haven't thought of, I may return.

But until then, I fear for this game, if they do not act immediately this game will lose population so rapidly it may actually stop making profit, and with the worst company in america at the helm, P2W dosent seem that far away, and if that happens, no amount of content will ever bring me back.

And Peoples quitting comments are important, not because of their storys, but because of the sheer amount of them, and every player who unsubs right now, punches EA & Bioware in the face.

Edited by Daethorz

Just so people know, the Forbes list includes one person living in Oregon, Phil Knight of Nike fame.

His sons include Matt, who died in a scuba accident in El Salvador years ago; and Travis, an animator who worked on the cartoon the PJs and also did a rap album. Neither is anywhere near 14.

Plus to be frank, if he was a topped rank healer on his server, yes, someone would have heard of him. There are differing levels of fame.

Given this and the "mistake" about when he played WoW, one has to wonder about the OP.

Sad thing is, many of the complaints are valid, to a point; but it is all lost in the noise that is fabrication about one's greatness to bolster the points.

I'll be sure to let Phil know someone is pretending to be his son the next time I see him at a Ducks game.

Ohhh Snap!

Hello fellow SWTOR players. Obviously, most of you will not know who I am, considering I transferred to The Bastion from The Swiftsure. And I know most of you will not read through this long speech, but I assure you, you will not regret it if you do read the whole thing.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am 14 years old and I reside in Oregon. I was born in Miami, Florida and moved to Oregon for my father's business. I have been playing computer video games since I was 12. As soon as my father showed me Mario Cart for the Nintendo 64 I thought to myself "I had to have more." I found that adrenaline rush through computer video games. My first MMO was World Of Warcraft, where I played a Restoration Druid and a Discipline Priest. Shortly after Wrath of the Lich King expansion back was released, I quit the game. I stopped gaming for a while until Star Wars: The Old Republic was released. This is when I started my second MMO journey began.

Good luck to you kid, honestly I thInk you've invested way too much time on this. We don't know who you are and we'll probably forget you by tomorrow. The game is what it is, faults and all, if it dies tomorrow c'est la vie. I probably won't shed a tear and probably wont move on to another mmo as I don't feel the need to. Hope you excel in whatever mmo you end up going to.

Do please get a life though

I've been playing around computers for about 37 years now and have been knowingly playing games for 34 of those years or so.

Disagree with most everything this kid says. I'm not rated so I don't have flashy numbers to toss about, but I've run into a few bugs, and while they're irritating, they aren't deal-breaking by any means.

Having done some extensive computer programming in my professional life, I also know what Developer Triage situations are like, and understand that there are only so many hours in a day.

I hope the Guild Wars folks enjoy their shiny new game, but their feelings about SWTOR are meaningless to me, and I'm sure many others. If you don't like it... just go. There's no reason to try to convince others.

You just... aren't... that... important.

Good luck.

^ This....well except for the 37 years of XP for me... :p

Just so people know, the Forbes list includes one person living in Oregon, Phil Knight of Nike fame.

His sons include Matt, who died in a scuba accident in El Salvador years ago; and Travis, an animator who worked on the cartoon the PJs and also did a rap album. Neither is anywhere near 14.

Plus to be frank, if he was a topped rank healer on his server, yes, someone would have heard of him. There are differing levels of fame.

Given this and the "mistake" about when he played WoW, one has to wonder about the OP.

Sad thing is, many of the complaints are valid, to a point; but it is all lost in the noise that is fabrication about one's greatness to bolster the points.

I'll be sure to let Phil know someone is pretending to be his son the next time I see him at a Ducks game.

You'd make a bad P.I..

If mentioning the Forbes list wasn't enough of an indicator, then I'll just let you know that it's very possible anyone on that list...even near being on that list..can afford more than one place of residency.

Again, more people bringing my personal life into this thread. This was supposed to be about the game. Most of you are taking this way out of hand, please focus on the topic.

FYI, whoever said I don't travel, I've probably been to more countries from the age of 10-13 than you have in your whole life.

you...dont...provide...any...valid...points...or...have...logical....opoinions...

you are mad that you are strickly pvp oriented player and have full warhero and people dont want to fight your gear.

Want some real games? Have your team reroll for fun. PvP outside of your premade or, better yet, against each other. These should provide a better challenge for you. Its what my team did to get better in wow.

You say pve isnt a challenge? I say, show me your black speeder and beat my team to world first next teir, scrub.

In all honesty.This kid is trollbait.

also, post a link to you livestream or it didnt happen.

Twitch.TV/MediaSWTOR

Over 44 videos of Ranked Warzones, each ranging from 1-5 hours each. Don't watch the latest video, that's me messing around on my lowbie.

I wouldn't pay for my kid to play this game. Even past the age of 14. To much other things to enjoy while your young

Like anything with a endgame different than WoW.

Anyone know where can i get one?

Edited by Daethorz

You'd make a bad P.I..

If mentioning the Forbes list wasn't enough of an indicator, then I'll just let you know that it's very possible anyone on that list...even near being on that list..can afford more than one place of residency.

One would imagine since he is of the age where attending school is a requirement that his family's primary residence is the indicated state of Oregon. Sure, a majority of people on the Forbes list own multiple houses in different states or countries but they are still required to have one primary residence with a permanent address for official mail and tax purposes.

Of course he could be attending some prestigious boarding school and living there during the term, but I'm not aware of any in Oregon and the idea of one there is laughable. Most likely if he really is the son of a billionaire and attending school it would be in a prep school in either the state of residence or in California or several states on the East Coast.

See, I can do it too.

Edited by Temeluchus

Why would the outrageously rich play swtor?

heck id be driving 150 down the interstate in my 1 mill lambo flipping cops off because i can afford the ticket

tons of fun things i could do if i was a rich mofo, and not many of them include swtor.

Why would the outrageously rich play swtor?

heck id be driving 150 down the interstate in my 1 mill lambo flipping cops off because i can afford the ticket

tons of fun things i could do if i was a rich mofo, and not many of them include swtor.

Personally, if my parents were rich when I was growing up, I would've probably turned out to be like Billy Madison.

You'd make a bad P.I..

You'd be amazed. Like knowing Knight and Paul Allen of Microsoft fame are the only billionaires with private residences in Oregon. Knowing the "Florida Oregon" connection limits things, too. Plus the OP clearly states he lives in Oregon, as in a home, not just one of many properties daddy owns. Besides, go down the Forbes list and look for billionaires with 14 year old kids. Good luck finding one.

Which brings me back to my point: Stuff like this boasting about how great a player one is and how fantastic their life is only serves to dilute the OPs criticisms about the game,

Which brings me back to my point: Stuff like this boasting about how great a player one is and how fantastic their life is only serves to dilute the OPs criticisms about the game,

Well I can't argue with that.

I'll be playing Guild Wars 2 and this. I'll keep my sub up to pvp occasionally and do a few things here and there. Hoping the game gets better in the coming months. If not I can focus my full attention to GW2 by then. That's if GW2 really pulls me in like I think it will.

Hello fellow SWTOR players. Obviously, most of you will not know who I am, considering I transferred to The Bastion from The Swiftsure. And I know most of you will not read through this long speech, but I assure you, you will not regret it if you do read the whole thing.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am 14 years old and I reside in Oregon. I was born in Miami, Florida and moved to Oregon for my father's business. I have been playing computer video games since I was 12. As soon as my father showed me Mario Cart for the Nintendo 64 I thought to myself "I had to have more." I found that adrenaline rush through computer video games. My first MMO was World Of Warcraft, where I played a Restoration Druid and a Discipline Priest. Shortly after Wrath of the Lich King expansion back was released, I quit the game. I stopped gaming for a while until Star Wars: The Old Republic was released. This is when I started my second MMO journey began.

My name on The Swiftsure was Media. I was considered by many to be the best PvP Operative healer on that server, no questions asked. My guild (Strictly Business) claimed the server first Soa the Infernal and Karagga the Unyielding kills. Two members of my guild were the first two 50's on the server, and also the first two Battlemasters on the server.

I've been playing an Operative healer since beta access. After moving from The Swifsure to The Bastion, I was forced to change my name to Krunchy because Media was a level 1 Bounty Hunter on Hutta (and still is to this day). After transferring, I earned the reputation as the best Operative Healer on The Bastion. I was the second in the world to 2200 and 2400 rating, next to one of my guildmates, who was world first. We are currently at 2800+ rating (got lazy after world first 2400) and still climbing up there. My guild (Strictly Business) is considered the best on my server as well. We have been doing Ranked Warzones ever since they were released and we now hold the record of three hundred and six wins, and twenty three losses.

Star Wars: The Old Republic has been a terrible game since it was ever released. I realized this shortly after hitting level fifty. The end game raiding is too easy (hence why I stopped raiding) and the PvP bugs are inexcusable. Half of my losses in Ranked Warzones are due to stuck-in-spawn bugs and random disconnects. There are bugs that have been in this game since release and to this day have not been fixed. For instance, the Ravage bug, the stuck-in-spawn bug, using an ability and taking up a global cooldown but not actually using the ability bug, the casting an ability and not showing a cast-bar but still casting the ability successfully, and the going invisible after using Infiltrate bug (after ability is over and non-stealthers). This is just a short list of MANY bugs that still exist in the game (with more to come assuming this game lasts to patch 1.5). I've known since December that I have only been playing this game to waste time until Guild Wars 2 comes out (the last month is always the hardest)!

The lack of competition on my server is another reason why this game is a failure. Cross-server queing is a simple technology, especially in this day in age. It is the 19th century and BioWare is still unable to allow players to cross-server que and also return back to a warzone after disconnecting. They aren't even able to fix bugs that have existed since release, so I shouldn't be expecting much as of now. On my server, there are literally two other guilds that I actually have to try against. After defeating both of them multiple times in a row, they have resorted to que-dodging us via my live stream (which you can find at http://www.twitch.tv/MediaSWTOR), and there is now absolutely ZERO competition on my server. I have almost considered totally shutting down my stream until GW2 release, but I respect my fans too much to just shut it down altogether. This is just another reason why cross-server queing should be implemented.

The process you have to go through simply to change the look of a piece of armor is absolutely ridiculous. It costs over 100,000 credits just to remove the mods and augment from one piece of gear in order to transfer them to a better looking piece. Before release, BioWare stated that this game is about the player. It's about what the player wants to do in the Star Wars universe and how customizable it would be. They send there would be endless possibilities in the Star Wars universe. But what is it now? Spending potentially millions just to re-mod gear, add MK-6 slots to gear, and then PAYING TO ADD THE AUGMENT SLOT AFTER CRAFTING IT YOURSELF? And endless possibilities? You mean doing house chores and errands until 6:00 PST to wait for my friends to do Rated Warzones? Sure, it's not my fault that they can't play until 6:00 PST. But the fact that I have no motivation to play this game unless they're online is just a massive fault in this game. PvP is the only competitive aspect of this game. I DO NOT mind that at all. But the fact that they wasted their time and money on voice acting, designing Flashpoints, and fixing emoticons in major patches is absolutely absurd.

Flashpoints are absolutely useless. I didn't do a single Flashpoint on my 50 Vanguard and I was full Rakata in less than two weeks. The only reason Dungeons were popular in World of Warcraft were because they offered endgame gear and currencies. And they did it correctly. They actually had a required gear level to que for specific dungeons. But how is it in SWTOR? Terrible. They waited until 1.3 to even release a group finder. The group finder doesn't even work 50% of the time. The group finder has no way of filtering out players based on skill or gear. They also waited until 1.3 to even include endgame commendations as a reward. BioWare also didn't realize that they made Flashpoints useless in 1.3. With the release of Denova, my guild was able to carry my fresh level 50 alt up to full Rakata in literally two days. Who needs to do Flashpoints with random incompetent players when you can go with an organized group and get all the gear you need to be ready for Denova? Allow me to correct myself. Who needs to do Flashpoints when you can do Story Mode raids to get starter level gear?

This is where it ends. As soon as it's August 25th, I'm out of here and onto Guild Wars 2. Will it be an amazing game? Well you never know until you start playing. All I know is it takes a lot of effort to fail like BioWare did. Some of the things that this company has done are absolutely absurd and are extremely unprofessional, especially coming from a big name like BioWare. I will never be buying a video game developed by BioWare ever again, unless it is Mass Effect 4. Guild Wars 2 may not be an AMAZING game like many claim it to be, but I promise all of you reading this that there's no way NCSoft or ArenaNet could fail as much as BioWare did. At this point in time, RuneScape is a superior video game to Star Wars: The Old Republic. I'd be playing RuneScape if Guild Wars 2 wasn't coming out in only one (long) month. Thank you all for reading

Touching story and all but did you have to write a novel about it?