SWTOR Armory for your website.

pure_laced

Greetings Everyone,

We have developed, with the help of the kind folks at Ask Mr. Robot a small character sheet to be displayed on your website as long as you have the ability to create HTML and run Javascript in your created pages. This should help spice up your current rosters, or if you don't have one, can easily add a roster page now!

The script is fairly easy to use and only requires a small amount of work in creating your profile.

Instructions:

• Visit Ask Mr. Robot and create a character profile
  • Copy the Profile ID into the following script:
  • <script type="text/javascript" src="http://char.calikillednox.com/{CHARACTER-ID}"></script>

• Example for Genshen would be:
  • <script type="text/javascript" src="http://char.calikillednox.com/7790abab-9681-4b6f-9f7e-a3f6afef8a64"></script>

• Functionality and design sample can be seen here on Cali Killed Nox Website. We are still working on revamping our CKN roster page now that this is finished.
  • Place the script anywhere you desire on your webpage and it will pull the data and populate the armory.
  • Works with most sites out there that allow custom created pages and javascript. Confirmed with Joomla, Wordpress, etc. Unsure if it works with Enjin (not tested but will be shortly.)

We hope you enjoy and please drop us a line here, or on our forums and let us know if you use it on your site. If you have any issues with the script, please feel free to post on our forums and we will answer you at our earliest opportunity.

Thank you from all of us at Cali Killed Nox.

Edited by pure_laced

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem. Our Roster page is still being updated but the "look and feel" is probably how we are going to keep it for now. Now to let our guild members know to create their profiles so we can populate it out.

Thanks for the compliment.

Hey there, I'm one of the people behind Ask Mr. Robot. We LOVE this widget the CKN built :)

I tested it on our (very out of date) Enjin site, which you can see here, as well as our Wordpress blog.

As for the race legacy unlock, yeah, that's our side, not CKN. We made sure to support all of the stat and item changes with the patch, but didn't get to the cosmetics yet.

Zoopercat - You guys were awesome in even allowing this to happen, and with some tweaks here and there on both sides can really make this work for a lot of people. While it would be nice to get access to the SWTOR api to create a tool for auto uploading of gear, talents, at least this gives something to use for now.

Kudos!

This is fantastic! I am curious how this will work with Enjin, not sure how to set this up on their hosted site.

edit: Nevermind, I see the links have instructions. Thanks!

Edited by SirArion

Depending on how much control on Enjin you have for custom pages, you can possibly do a whole roster with a side iframe like we have on our site. You might also be able to throw it in a lightbox format as well, which is one thing we considered initially, but discarded it as too many clicks. Click to open lightbox, mouseover, then close the lightboc and click someone else's....too much work.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any assistance.

Where do you get the character ID, created a profile and added a class but dont see that info anywhere. ???

The character ID will be in the link to the saved character on askmrrobot.com - look at the address bar when viewing a saved character.

Where do you get the character ID, created a profile and added a class but dont see that info anywhere. ???

As the previous poster mentioned, it is in the URL bar above after your character is created and viewed in the armory. I gave an example of the ID in my initial post.

If you need assistance in displaying it on your site, let us know.

As the previous poster mentioned, it is in the URL bar above after your character is created and viewed in the armory. I gave an example of the ID in my initial post.

If you need assistance in displaying it on your site, let us know.

Cheers mate, will have a go first and if i get stuck il drop you a mail :-)

Since I have received several PM's about this, thought I would post it here.

Many have asked me how our roster was made with the avatar graphics and the display on the right once you click specific ones. I modified Avatars and added our names to them for display.