The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rocket punch not hitting as hard as it should?

Rypht

This isn't about the change from surge or my crit damage, but just normal non-crit hits. My tool tip says rocket punch should be landing kinetic damage in the 1372-1410 range, but I consistantly see hits in the 1000-1100+ range. Now it has occurred to me that maybe those targets have extra kinetic mitigation, however shoulder slam, which also does kinetic damage seems to hit in the ranges it is listed at in it's tool tip to for both weak/standard and strong targets.

Is anyone else noticing rocket punch just not hitting very hard? My testing grounds are the mobs in black hole, torvix droids and humans & stong humans.

This isn't about the change from surge or my crit damage, but just normal non-crit hits. My tool tip says rocket punch should be landing kinetic damage in the 1372-1410 range, but I consistantly see hits in the 1000-1100+ range. Now it has occurred to me that maybe those targets have extra kinetic mitigation, however shoulder slam, which also does kinetic damage seems to hit in the ranges it is listed at in it's tool tip to for both weak/standard and strong targets.

Is anyone else noticing rocket punch just not hitting very hard? My testing grounds are the mobs in black hole, torvix droids and humans & stong humans.

you answered your own question. rocket punch= kinetic damage which is mitigated by armor