Heavy Shot in PvE

theangryllama

Giving MM a few goes in ops this week and just quickly wondering if any MM snipers have managed to not suffer in ops with this ability or have you had to remove it for content.

The biggest issue i can think of at the moment may be the waves in kephess and the probe droid things in the minefield. Are you able to comfortably stay 10m away from these things or should I just drop the point (either respeccing for ops or attempting to PvP without it).

If so what do you guys throw the points into?

You could easily take a point out of the Accuracy talent if you are finding yourself with way too much accuracy from gear. I don't think the ability does much for you in pve, though...tanks tend to dislike it if you knock mobs away (you'll have to make sure you don't get too close when you're not trying to knock things back). You've got Cover Pulse for the occasional emergency or knocking mobs away. Edited by chuixupu

You could easily take a point out of the Accuracy talent if you are finding yourself with way too much accuracy from gear. I don't think the ability does much for you in pve, though...tanks tend to dislike it if you knock mobs away (you'll have to make sure you don't get too close when you're not trying to knock things back). You've got Cover Pulse for the occasional emergency or knocking mobs away.

I'm saying I currently have the talent for PvP I'm wondering if it would cause problems in PvE ops (i've already accidently knocked back some things in flashpoints).

If your raid has *any* melee in it it can be a detriment yes, part of why its a no-no to have.

For instance on firebrand and stormcaller you're going to be in melee range of those trandoshans at some point and if there's ANY melee in your shield with you and you knock the mob outside its annoying. On vorgath you could potentially knock a mob outside and get a melee killed if they leaped to it in the process.

Again, there's no place for that talent in pve.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.