MMO's Do Not Die.

WickedDjinn

Really? The last EA Earnings statement was released May 7th, 2012.

May 7th, to June 7th is 1 month. June 7th, to July 7th is 2 months. July 7th to July 26th makes it... What was that? 1 Month?

How does that math work out?

Or are you going off of other financial data that can attest to the state of SW:ToR?

Oh? Then why aren't you going after all the posters that claim "SW:ToR is doing just fine!" (or anything similar) and harassing them for their data? I mean, if you plan on trolling, at least go all the way... Don't half *** it.

... really? you don't know how it works? OK thats fine

The earnings report covers from April 1st until June 31st It is released on July 31st. So it is only 1 month old.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... really? you don't know how it works? OK thats fine

The earnings report covers from April 1st until June 31st It is released on July 31st. So it is only 1 month old.

So we have the earnings report right now?

Or do we have to wait until July 31st? And if we have to wait, then any data (to make it easy for you to understand) WE HAVE RIGHT NOW is approximately 3 months old.

I hope that was simple enough for you.

So we have the earnings report right now?

Or do we have to wait until July 31st? And if we have to wait, then any data (to make it easy for you to understand) WE HAVE RIGHT NOW is approximately 3 months old.

I hope that was simple enough for you.

facepalm you still don't get it do you. The info is released in quarters. Its ok not everyone is cut out to understand how quarters work.

facepalm you still don't get it do you. The info is released in quarters. Its ok not everyone is cut out to understand how quarters work.

I guess it wasn't simple enough for you.

Mayhaps there is a school teacher with a heart of gold willing to educate this poor soul? I can't figure out how to make it easier to understand.

I guess it wasn't simple enough for you.

Mayhaps there is a school teacher with a heart of gold willing to educate this poor soul? I can't figure out how to make it easier to understand.

again you don't seem to understand the Quarterly reports are only 1 month old when they are released. Simple as that.

Trust me. BW deletes all mention of it and sends warnings.

This is because it is a cover policy on all types of emulators and private servers of commercially released games.

I was involved in a discussion with a forum mod concerning this because SWGEmu is misleading nomenclature. Everything about that project was written with original code through the process of reverse-engineering. The U.S. Copyright Code states that such a process on software does not infringe on the commercial rights of the developer because it is not the same product.

Reverse-Engineering is weird like that, but the process allows our technology to evolve. We learn how something works, and someone comes along and figures a way how to improve it.

again you don't seem to understand the Quarterly reports are only 1 month old when they are released. Simple as that.

Yep yep.

Someone needs to push Blattans reset button.

Blattan, On July 31st, the information released to the public will be 30 days old, as in it will be accurate as of June 30, 2012.

WHY do you care about the data you have now?? it's obsolete in less then a week so it's irrelevant.

Edited by Andryah

In some cases games try different business models, servers get cut severely or in the worst case they actually get shut down after only a few years. Never months though - the investment once made is way too big to do something like that. The number of servers and the player numbers on them seem quite healthy right now.

With GW2 turning out not to be the hope some have thought it might be (no Raids for instance) maybe some players return, some new ones pick up the game and some will simply leave and don't look back.

It really comes down to their next move, since right now even those that have great intrest in everything the game has to offer are starting to get bored when even their twinks start farming Denova hard mode in well under two hours.

My guild got 3 8 man raids with two seeing the effects from the mentioned starting boredom and one being just put together by a few very dedicated players (that raid in one of the two main raids and the third one with an alt) so that the lesser skilled or MMO-experienced players can tackle the content.

I'm guessing you've never heard of Auto Assault or Tabula Rasa
Oh man I LOVED Auto Assault! Even recorded stock car sounds from the local track and edited them in Pro Tools to replace the default engine noise that sounded like a balloon fart. Being able to map the controls to a wheel would have saved that game IMO.

On topic, I agree with the OP. I can never take any game seriously unless it pays rent.

Edited by GalacticKegger

this game will be in build mode for another year or two, then they will release something big and accompany with advertising. Some distance from post-launch subs decline debacle needs to occur before they can have some sort of a revival for SWTOR.

I figure that is their plan at this point. Makeb, HK-51 is filler.

Edited by mattgyver