Read the Q/A this morning, Now I'm angry

POSOINU

The PVP relics actually gives more overall damage than the PVE ones.

For that, look at the Campaign and War Hero Boundless Ages Relics. The Campaign one will add 315 Power for 30 seconds and has a 2 minute cooldown. For 30 seconds, the player gets 72.45 extra points of damage per hit (ignore any other damage buffs). Assuming a modest 1 hit per second, the player will do 2173.5 extra non-crit damage in 30 seconds.

The War Hero Relic adds 113 Power permanently, giving 25.99 extra points of damage per hit all the time. Obviously, it does less damage than the Campaign Relic in 30 seconds. Yet, over a two minute span that matches the Campaign relic's cooldown, the War Hero Relic will do 3118.8 extra points of non-crit damage at a hit per second rate of 1.

So, while the PVE Relics do provide burst damage better than PVP Relics, once a player with the PVP relic gets 84 hits in or more, they've gotten more damage out of the PVP Relic than the PVE one ever could.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing you're forgetting. If you actually need these relics to beat EV HM or KP HM, then you need to forget the relics, and either get better gear or get better at the game. Besides some of Denova HM, the relics aren't even close to necessary to have.

That bears absolutely no impact on the discussion. The fact stands: the best in slot relics for PVE purposes are PVP relics. They are not needed but they ARE better than the PVE versions, and even easier to get, at least for the champion version.

One thing you're forgetting. If you actually need these relics to beat EV HM or KP HM, then you need to forget the relics, and either get better gear or get better at the game. Besides some of Denova HM, the relics aren't even close to necessary to have.

ya not helpful at all

The PVP relics actually gives more overall damage than the PVE ones.

For that, look at the Campaign and War Hero Boundless Ages Relics. The Campaign one will add 315 Power for 30 seconds and has a 2 minute cooldown. For 30 seconds, the player gets 72.45 extra points of damage per hit (ignore any other damage buffs). Assuming a modest 1 hit per second, the player will do 2173.5 extra non-crit damage in 30 seconds.

The War Hero Relic adds 113 Power permanently, giving 25.99 extra points of damage per hit all the time. Obviously, it does less damage than the Campaign Relic in 30 seconds. Yet, over a two minute span that matches the Campaign relic's cooldown, the War Hero Relic will do 3118.8 extra points of non-crit damage at a hit per second rate of 1.

So, while the PVE Relics do provide burst damage better than PVP Relics, once a player with the PVP relic gets 84 hits in or more, they've gotten more damage out of the PVP Relic than the PVE one ever could.

I really like this example. An extra 1K damage over a 2 minute period?

<sarcasm>Gee that's just an awesome benefit.</sarcasm>

Basically an extra 1K damage PER boss fight.

So.... the difference is essentially irrelevant for a HM.

I think I would take the PvP relics just because I don't want to rely on clicking a relic as a strategy for clearing a bit of content.

~edit~ sorry, forgot to factor in the extra hit that you get by going with the PvP relic- because you didn't blow a GCD clicking a relic. So the PvP relic gets you maybe and extra 5k damage over 2 minutes.... still irrelevent.

Edited by Cleet_Xia

I used the relic I linked earlier and parsed it last night. It did 2000ish damage on the 4th boss in HM EV (the individual guys).

In a 2min Fight:

So the passive one i posted earlier does like 2k (the campaign that does internal dmg),

the active does more like 1.5k (per above but math changed to once ever 1.5 seconds as that is the Global cooldown)

and the pvp relic does 2k (per above, again modded for the actual GCD of 1.5 seconds)

Conclusion with this very basic math:

The difference is negligible and the relics ARE balance. 1-2k extra a fight is like one extra move.

I really like this example. An extra 1K damage over a 2 minute period?

<sarcasm>Gee that's just an awesome benefit.</sarcasm>

Basically an extra 1K damage PER boss fight.

So.... the difference is essentially irrelevant for a HM.

I think I would take the PvP relics just because I don't want to rely on clicking a relic as a strategy for clearing a bit of content.

~edit~ sorry, forgot to factor in the extra hit that you get by going with the PvP relic- because you didn't blow a GCD clicking a relic. So the PvP relic gets you maybe and extra 5k damage over 2 minutes.... still irrelevent.

Why stop there? The PvE relic gives you an extra 2k damage over the course of a 2 min boss fight while the PvP relics give you an extra 3k. Why even equip relics?

Why stop there? The PvE relic gives you an extra 2k damage over the course of a 2 min boss fight while the PvP relics give you an extra 3k. Why even equip relics?

As I posted above, they both give around 2k actually since the GCD is 1.5 seconds.

Also I am def trolling here : For the endurance :D

we have ours on toth full time and range on zorn, idk what you are doing .......

Well post your logs of ur mara's on toth and zorn and lets see what they do. There is more moving then you think and at the end of the fight when the last guy comes down, sitting there also tanks your DPS. Anytime ur not doing dps at all it tanks dps.

Darn, you posted this before I could!

We dont really take logs anymore for HM EC. Its been on farm for weeks and we are in full campaign. If i really cared about your opinion i might put in the effort to prove myself to you, but i dont. I told the guy why he was wrong, its pretty much what the devs told you, but i gave more detailed reason's why.

If you dont get it at this point, i cant help you =(.

We dont really take logs anymore for HM EC. Its been on farm for weeks and we are in full campaign. If i really cared about your opinion i might put in the effort to prove myself to you, but i dont. I told the guy why he was wrong, its pretty much what the devs told you, but i gave more detailed reason's why.

If you dont get it at this point, i cant help you =(.

Its amazing how cool you are! You don't care about my opinion while you are posting a reply to my opinion.

Not everyone is full campaign, 1200 dps is fine. Don't fall off your horse or you could seriously hurt yourself

i was replying to the post asking for logs from my guild, i dont owe you anything buddy. Im not even close to being a great player, however, i was telling the guy why PVE relics where better for CURRENT content then PVP relics. If my answer wasnt good enough, im not going to come in here and be even more of a jerk and post logs.

I appologize for offending your delicate sensibility.

i was replying to the post asking for logs from my guild, i dont owe you anything buddy. Im not even close to being a great player, however, i was telling the guy why PVE relics where better for CURRENT content then PVP relics. If my answer wasnt good enough, im not going to come in here and be even more of a jerk and post logs.

And I agree with your point that pve relics are better.

I do not agree with you making fun of some Mara from some random *** guild just because he dosnt have your gear or skill level. 1.2k is not terrible and modesty looks better on a skilled player then elitism. Being an ******e derails your point which I am trying to support.

I used the relic I linked earlier and parsed it last night. It did 2000ish damage on the 4th boss in HM EV (the individual guys).

In a 2min Fight:

So the passive one i posted earlier does like 2k (the campaign that does internal dmg),

the active does more like 1.5k (per above but math changed to once ever 1.5 seconds as that is the Global cooldown)

and the pvp relic does 2k (per above, again modded for the actual GCD of 1.5 seconds)

Conclusion with this very basic math:

The difference is negligible and the relics ARE balance. 1-2k extra a fight is like one extra move.

exactly how many fights are "tank and spank" and dont have burn phazes in EC.....0.

You are talking about a encounter where you burn all cooldowns and its less then 3 mins in total. I would be HIGHLY suprised if the pvp relics outpreformed the use relics. Also, many people arent able to effectively evaluate a use Relic because they dont USE it on cooldown paired with adrenals or class dps cooldowns.

@ lol your mara did 1200 dps

1. He died on that fight

2. He has the highest dps right now for people that use mr robot

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog

go to Ranked logs Hard Zorn and Toth

@the quote

If your argument is your wrong, to bad.

Either

A. Show me some math

B. Show me some logs

also keep it on topic

Edited by POSOINU

You offered the logs as if it they where proveing your point, a 1200 dmg marader is definately not super impressive and if i where going to throw logs in peoples faces, you can bet they would be ones in which people did their best or close to it. Your 2 snipers ( im assumeing they where snipers because of 1600 dps and their ability to basically not move the whole fight nearly) are about where they should be, overall i bet you guys are sucessful in EC HM if you have people generateing numbers like that.

There are not comprehensive or even remotely popular ranking sites for the moment.

What parser are you useing?

I dont crunch numbers, i wont be provideing napkin math. Also, im at the office now, if you want some logs ill get them, but you will be waiting for close to 4-5 hours. Thats if i get time to handle that before raids tonight.

I still stand behind my original statement. For current content, the use relics aren't mandatory for burn phazes. However, paired with Inspiration, and or, an adreanal, im certain the numbers swing in my favor.

If im wrong, im no coward, ill admit it.