I preferred a "dead" server

DarthButcher

To get rid of the annoying "cyour character is now eligible for a free transfer" messages, and I thought characters were going to get rewards, I transferred all of my characters from Keetael to Jedi Somthingorother.. to find that any location I visit is filled with other players, and it's literally impossible to explore a world without having some moron run or fly past in a speeder to battle loot the area I just spent several minutes clearing of spawns.

This is especially annoying in areas like Blackhole on Corellia where I'm trying to get my dailies in. Honestly, I'm not a sociable player. I don't want to team up with a bunch of power gamers who like to blow through the baddies and get the boss beaten in record time. I like to enjoy the content of the doggone game. I like to think of it as reading a book, with pictures.

Well, enough of my complaining. Can I get my characters back on the Dead server where I was quite happy?

Edited by DarthButcher

Nope because they're forcing characters off the dead/origin servers and then shutting them down sometime this summer.

Agree wholeheartedly that competing with other players for quest resources sucks. Fortunately BioWare implemented world instances to help solve that problem. Unfortunately they still need to tune some.

Nope because they're forcing characters off the dead/origin servers and then shutting them down sometime this summer.

Agree wholeheartedly that competing with other players for quest resources sucks. Fortunately BioWare implemented world instances to help solve that problem. Unfortunately they still need to tune some.

i definately agree that some instances definately need tuning, i believe that 12 or 16 people per black hole instance would solve all the problems and allow everyone to do their dailies without problems.

That's unfortunate, but I"m glad it's not just me. Last night it seemed like there was a guild run or something of some thirty players grouped together and they were all going in a circle, or a chosen pattern so it was impossible to get the "destroy 4 weapons caches" done. I had to be a "jerk" myself and battle loot someone else just to complete the silly quest.

Heck, I was trying to fight one baddy to get his blaster, I was not grouped with anyone, and other people jumped into the fight. I sent a tell to one of them that I would like to do my own fights, and they reply "just trying to help you kill him faster."

WTH?? :rolleyes: ARRRRRGHH!!!! That's the point, I want the challenge, not a doggone easy gimme.

Let me enjoy my game.

That's unfortunate, but I"m glad it's not just me. Last night it seemed like there was a guild run or something of some thirty players grouped together and they were all going in a circle, or a chosen pattern so it was impossible to get the "destroy 4 weapons caches" done. I had to be a "jerk" myself and battle loot someone else just to complete the silly quest.

Heck, I was trying to fight one baddy to get his blaster, I was not grouped with anyone, and other people jumped into the fight. I sent a tell to one of them that I would like to do my own fights, and they reply "just trying to help you kill him faster."

WTH?? :rolleyes: ARRRRRGHH!!!! That's the point, I want the challenge, not a doggone easy gimme.

Let me enjoy my MASSIVELY ONLINE ROLE-PLAYING GAME.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_role-playing_game

one day before the spirit horse shows up ppl will understand this.

Let me enjoy my game.

Be aware that you enjoying your game, at your pace, may be impacting on somebody else's enjoyment of their game, at their pace.

Not an argument for, or against. Just a statement.

H.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_role-playing_game

one day before the spirit horse shows up ppl will understand this.

I fully understand MMORPG there smart guy, but thanks. As far as I have seen, servers in this game are only broken down into PVP, or PVE. I haven't seen an RP section, or Story section to choose from, which I would gladly do.

That was a great part of NWN. Well, that and the servers were player owned.

Edited by DarthButcher

Be aware that you enjoying your game, at your pace, may be impacting on somebody else's enjoyment of their game, at their pace.

Not an argument for, or against. Just a statement.

H.

No, sorry. I don't see that. I see lack of courtesy. I would accept your statement if I was just standing around, but that's not the case.

There are RP servers, BAM, problem solved.

I bet they would love for you to stand around for 20 secs before each pull "getting ready". I'd prefer to spend that 20 secs actually killing the stuff and moving for the next group.

I fully understand MMORPG there smart guy, but thanks. As far as I have seen, servers in this game are only broken down into PVP, or PVE. I haven't seen an RP section, or Story section to choose from, which I would gladly do.

That was a great part of NWN. Well, that and the servers were player owned.

there are rp servers.

Beregen Colony

The ebon hawk

jung ma.

it took one logout to see this list.

No, sorry. I don't see that. I see lack of courtesy. I would accept your statement if I was just standing around, but that's not the case.
It is a repeatable daily that is not even a challenge. It just means someone else is waiting in line for you to finish up so they can spawn it. You start off with complaining about the slow spawns and over population of the zone meaning it takes too long but then complain that someone is helping you get it done faster which in turn helps them get it done faster (I'm guessing you never stick around to help others take down the gold?)

To get rid of the annoying "cyour character is now eligible for a free transfer" messages, and I thought characters were going to get rewards, I transferred all of my characters from Keetael to Jedi Somthingorother.. to find that any location I visit is filled with other players, and it's literally impossible to explore a world without having some moron run or fly past in a speeder to battle loot the area I just spent several minutes clearing of spawns.

This is especially annoying in areas like Blackhole on Corellia where I'm trying to get my dailies in. Honestly, I'm not a sociable player. I don't want to team up with a bunch of power gamers who like to blow through the baddies and get the boss beaten in record time. I like to enjoy the content of the doggone game. I like to think of it as reading a book, with pictures.

Well, enough of my complaining. Can I get my characters back on the Dead server where I was quite happy?

maybe you would prefer your own private server? you do know the first 2 letters in MMORPG stand for Massively Multiplayer right?

not to mention that BW thought ahead, unlike most other MMO dev's, and up'd the spawn rates BEFORE people started whining

Edited by Kavu

This is why Wifey and I have not transfered servers,dont want to transfer servers and will wait until they force us over. At that point we will have to reevaluate our subs. We play because we love Star Wars, not to play "ring around the glowie" or have people jump into my AOE so i go green and they kill me as a group. (should not be able to go into PvP mode one a PvE server anyway)

This is why Wifey and I have not transfered servers,dont want to transfer servers and will wait until they force us over. At that point we will have to reevaluate our subs. We play because we love Star Wars, not to play "ring around the glowie" or have people jump into my AOE so i go green and they kill me as a group. (should not be able to go into PvP mode one a PvE server anyway)
I always wonder when I see posts like this (and the OP), would you have quit by now if subscriptions hadn't plummeted or had even continued to grow and the dead server you play on now had instead always had the expected population?

Dead servers arent cost effective. Even if they were to put you back youll only be merged to another big server within the next month or so. This is an mmo, not KoTOR 3.

well they never made kotor 3. so until they do i will play swtor

I always wonder when I see posts like this (and the OP), would you have quit by now if subscriptions hadn't plummeted or had even continued to grow and the dead server you play on now had instead always had the expected population?

As mater of fact yes,as the server pop dropped it was more fun to play . The game is fun and we are both fans of the KOTOT timeline. But after reaching 50 on a few charactors the non class generic missions are a bit of a grind but we still have fun with the story lines we have not done yet, If he still had to run "Ring around the Glowie" all the time etc we would have left a while ago. We play to have fun not to get frustrated camping mission items.

I also like playing on a lower populated server. Yes this is an mmo but I can't see why we are all being jammed into already overpopulated servers. BW has taken the "problem" of underpopulated servers and served us all up a bunch of extreme overkill. I don't pay a subscription fee every month so I can wait in a queue to log into the game. Why not make 20 servers with a decently high population instead of 10 that are so packed you have no choice but stomping all over the other people playing the game? Sometimes I like grouping with other people but other times I like rolling solo. Now I have no choice in the matter and that sucks. I would at least like an option to play on a server that has a medium population

Edited by BobaDtwo

I also like playing on a lower populated server. Yes this is an mmo but I can't see why we are all being jammed into already overpopulated servers. BW has taken the "problem" of underpopulated servers and served us all up a bunch of extreme overkill. I don't pay a subscription fee every month so I can wait in a queue to log into the game. Why not make 20 servers with a decently high population instead of 10 that are so packed you have no choice but stomping all over the other people playing the game? Sometimes I like grouping with other people but other times I like rolling solo. Now I have no choice in the matter and that sucks. I would at least like an option to play on a server that has a medium population

I agree

Edited by Zylaro
wording

Really? because we don't want to pay a subscription fee to sit in a queue and find it ridiculous to overpopulate servers?

You're not going to be able to escape queues. Saying that a server is overpopulated is odd considering they each have a player limit, and you can always change instances if you feel you'd rather be around fewer people. At launch I never had to sit in a queue for longer than 15-20 minutes. During that time I cleaned, or god forbid read a book.

I personally like playing by myself most of the time and whenever I've had too many people killing my mobs I either just waited it out, jumped instance, or did another quest. Not a single part of me wanted to take to the forums to needlessly complain.