carnage vs annihilation for 50 pvp?

Darth_Bond

Carnage is fun because you see really big numbers every now and again and its very competitive with Anni damage wise.

That said, I find that in regular WZ pvp there is a bit more of a panic effect with Anni, caranage give a huge initial burst followed by a bit of a lull before the next wave of significant damage comes. With Anni, you opponent sees their HP start dropping at a quick, consistent, and non-stop rate. I find the lull gives people time to react. The biggest thing I noticed when I switched from Anni to Carnage (I've now switched back) was how much more collected people were when they reacted to me.

For PVE I don't think its even a question, my heals as anni allow me to dps through many mechanics that other classes and carnage maras have to avoid or drain the healers. There is a whole meta-game around trinkets (using a crit trinket is a great alternative to berserk if you need a bit of extra healing, berserk + power trinket can help keep a tank up during damage phases, etc, etc). On top of all of that, its one of the highest dps specs in the game and a ton of survivability once you are decently geared (below average in average gear though)

Edited by Grimnoire

Love carnage. just for the lulz when a merc, or operative healer thinks hes can face tank you since hes in WH gear. He lasts about as long as it takes me to get enoguh Fury for Beserk, and a full Rage bar. Then its gore, beserk, Massacre spam, then finish it off with a rooted Ravage, or force scream when they realize whats going on. I have loved the spec ever since I got schooled three times in a row by a Carnage specced marauder on my scoundrel.

I created and leveled a marauder for the purposes of finding out how he did it, but by the time I figured it out I had already started to love the class for how rewarding good gameplay was. In the end I hope none of the trees get nerfed as after playing all three classes, each tree can be neutralized effectively by proper use of cleanses, stuns, or knockbacks, but that seems to be almost everyones deal.

Don't take the 30% aoe damage reduction if you're annihilation. Its a terrible talent. Do yourself a favor and take something else, its totally worthless.

Not at all... Well maybe for rateds it is now... but normal warzones it's not.