Acceptable Threat Numbers For Healer

I play as a Operative healer. I have heard both arguments for whether guard should be on me or melee dps..I have found that it depends on the tank. In many circumstances when trash mobs show up if I am unguarded they bum rush me.. and I can pop off counter measures all I want they dont care and proceed to break my glass jaw. when I am unguarded I also find that im healing myself more then anyone else in the group. Now saying that, I have had tanks that hold aggro well, so that I haven't needed to heal myself quite as much. The mobs still concentrate a little too much on me for comfort. When guard is on me I dont have these problems and can focus on healing the tank and dps like I am suppose to. These are just my experiences... I haven't sat down and tried to figure out the numbers behind anything.

I play as a Operative healer. I have heard both arguments for whether guard should be on me or melee dps..I have found that it depends on the tank. In many circumstances when trash mobs show up if I am unguarded they bum rush me.. and I can pop off counter measures all I want they dont care and proceed to break my glass jaw. when I am unguarded I also find that im healing myself more then anyone else in the group. Now saying that, I have had tanks that hold aggro well, so that I haven't needed to heal myself quite as much. The mobs still concentrate a little too much on me for comfort. When guard is on me I dont have these problems and can focus on healing the tank and dps like I am suppose to. These are just my experiences... I haven't sat down and tried to figure out the numbers behind anything.

So the point is, as most of the reasonable posters have been saying, that crappy tanks guard their healer. Good tanks guard high damage melee DPS.