Group Finder: Can you start with less than a full group?

DeathMutant

It won't let you transport there. You can find 3 people and use a companion to help but you have to travel to the entrance if you do that.

If we start the Flashpoint "manually", do you know if we will receive Group Finder rewards for it?

The reason I ask is that I usually 3-man all Flashpoints (and heroic content) and was hoping we could also earn Group Finder rewards. If we had to find a 4th person -- just to earn the Group Finder rewards -- it would not be worth using it (the GF) plus we (currently) play on a "ghost town" server so would be next to impossible to find one anyway.

While it would not be the intended use of the feature (and would also be particularly mean to someone queuing on a server with few people), you could queue for group finder, enter the flashpoint, and then kick the fourth person and complete it with a comp. I'm not sure if completing with 3 people would interfere with receiving the BH comms, but I know that kicking someone, of itself, will not.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. We have a 4th person in our (tiny) guild but he is not a regular player so we will just have to wait for him to login to use this feature; we are on a "ghost town" server so I doubt other people use the Group Finder anyway.

I was thinking one way we could "control" the destination Flashpoint -- and still earn the rewards -- is to form a group of 3 and select ALL options then the 4th person, currently outside the group, selects a specific option and queues up. Hopefully, the GF will match us but since the 4th person only selected 1 option that is the option it will use.