Sorc PVP

Ariak-

I was under the impression that sorcs were the masters of the dark side of the force, controlling terrifying power to create lightning and what not ...... i have tried several different hybrid dps specs and always have the same problem ..... i cannot stay alive for more than 15 secs if people actually notice im there. Ok ok, thats fine, im a glass cannon, i understand. I should die quickly for so much damage. But where is the damage? im not talking about 150k+ warzone damage because i decided to DOT everyone and there mother over and over.... what gives? this is my first Char and i most definitely have much to learn ... any recommendations? is sorc pvp broken?

Smart players mark potential healer classes and their team focus kills the marked players.

From my experience on all these classes, I think your Sorc is getting caught up in the healer class target kill. I notice this happens often to me on my Sorc, but in fairness I also tend to do it to others when on my Sentinel, Sniper and Shadow.

Next to Inf shadows your an easy free kill for most classes.

You are "utility". Your damage is good if you are ignored, that's just the state of the class right now. My suggestion is find a tank to guard your *** the whole match. With a good jugg/guard on your side you become much more deadly.

It seems that in pugs jugg/guards/ are mostly dps, and the ones that do guard mostly just guard healers.

I re-specced healing/dps hybrid that works a bit better than strait dps for random groups. You can kind of kite and heal yourself to get back into the battle quicker.

Still squishy as hell, however, no matter what you do.

If you really want to have some fun once your Sorc is about level 28+ and has some utility CC and enough skill points to spec high into healing tree, spec as a healer.

What I often do if the group is not in need of healing (they are dominating a node and we are rolling) is I distract the enemy coming at me who's thinking I'm a free pinata kill. I get him just slightly away from the group a bit, and slow him and kite him while healing and bubbling myself while DOTing him. Most times I get him burned down quite a bit and then nuke him to death with a nice lightning finish. Of course I keep an eye on health bars for the group and rush back since I much prefer keeping the group strong as needed.

Unless the guy is just inept, this almost assures he'll go spend his time somewhere else for the rest of the warzone since he wasted that session trying to get his "easy kill" and got run around and re-spawned instead.

I'll honestly say that the Sorc healer is a LOT more fun in PVP than the Sorc DPS. I also turn the tide of battle a lot by keeping folks alive while positioning wisely and defending myself. After a few minutes, smart folks on my team start protecting me from attackers and the warzone can be fun. A Sorc just nuking as DPS isn't going to get nearly that much support.

Edited by PuntaSur

So, with the current state of the game we are reserved as healers? wtih DOT harassment? that is not at all how i pictured the most "powerful" class in the movies (well with the exception of yoda i suppose)..... oh well, lol QQ and reroll i guess. thanks for the input guys.

So, with the current state of the game we are reserved as healers? wtih DOT harassment? that is not at all how i pictured the most "powerful" class in the movies (well with the exception of yoda i suppose)..... oh well, lol QQ and reroll i guess. thanks for the input guys.

Yep, unfortunately it's all "glass" and no "cannon" (for now). Keep in mind that things always change, especially in MMO classes where PVP is concerned.

If you are looking for the current top of the pile DPS class experience in PVP, I recommend you roll a Powertech / Vanguard or Marauder / Sentinel (depending on your preference for faction). If you prefer Empire and tend to like ranged more than melee, roll a Powertech with Pyro spec. You'll WTFBBQ everything in site.

That might actually be a good name for a PT Pyro: "Centurion WTFBBQ" "The Beef Legacy"

Edited by PuntaSur

A blind monkey playing by braille can kill a Sorc in PvP........The Devs think Sorcs are fine as is. So my advice is to roll another class.

Naw, think of it this way: The better you do on a gimped squishy as hell class, the less FOTM you are, and frankly the better player you will be.

Play gimped classes just because they are gimped. When the nerf gods come, and they will come, you will all of sudden feel like a god.