Rolling Marauder - A guilty pleasure?

Master_Jeth

Well, one thing I dont understand about the Marauder, since this will be my first serious one, is how are they so survivable? I heard about it, I've faced it (and lost), and I've no idea how it's done. It's the survivability I believe makes this seem like a "guilty" endeavor. I mean I'm all for survivability in DPS classes but I have to admit, they can somehow get out of almost anything.

Undying Rage gives a 99% damage reduction, Cloak of Pain gives 25% damage reduction (1 min CD, can be active for up to 30 seconds if you keep getting hit), Obfuscate is a massive Accuracy debuff, Annihilation Maras get a self heal when their bleeds (which should have 100% uptime) crit. Plus Predation is an awesome raid-wide speed buff. I think it's a little odd that stuff that would be great on a tank (especially CoP, given that you can talent into Retaliate lowering the cooldown) would be given to Marauders instead of Juggernauts.

Undying Rage gives a 99% damage reduction, Cloak of Pain gives 25% damage reduction (1 min CD, can be active for up to 30 seconds if you keep getting hit), Obfuscate is a massive Accuracy debuff, Annihilation Maras get a self heal when their bleeds (which should have 100% uptime) crit. Plus Predation is an awesome raid-wide speed buff. I think it's a little odd that stuff that would be great on a tank (especially CoP, given that you can talent into Retaliate lowering the cooldown) would be given to Marauders instead of Juggernauts.

1. Undying Rage gives a 99% damage reduction.. and takes 1/2 your current HPs and for a whole 5 seconds. Best used at really low life. Smart players will just stun you when you're low so you can't use it.

2. Cloak of Pain reduces damage by 20%, not 25%.

3. Obfuscate is useful against other warriors, but other classes either have very few, or zero abilities that will be disrupted by this debuff.

4. Retaliate might have "some" potential use for burst in PvP. In PVE it's a DPS loss.

3. Obfuscate is useful against other warriors, but other classes either have very few, or zero abilities that will be disrupted by this debuff..

Not true. Gunslingers/Snipers and Troopers/BHs (both ACs) it is pretty useful against to halt a burst combo. Even against Shadow/Assassins it can be useful, as some of their attacks it can still benefit against. Operatives/Scoundrels are probably the least troubled by it, beyond Sorcs/Sages. Those are the only two classes I would consider not using it against completely. Yes, against other warriors it pays off the most, but they are not the only ones.