RWZ should be open for ALL classes & group comps

D-Bone

Got a merc in my guild who can top 500k damage without really trying and has two knockbacks and off-heals.

What other utility do you want? A pull? a leap? You have two knockbacks. You can own the upper platforms in huttball if you are any good.

L2P and get a new guild champ. I bring players to a WZ not classes.

I was recently told by my guild that my class just doesn't fit into their A team comp for RWZ, and when I asked if it was anything that I was doing wrong or needed to change, the answer was no. Basically, none of the top tier teams use mercs in their comps. While I understand that there will always be certain comps that work better than others or chemistry between particular classes, but being told that my class isn't a viable candidate for RWZ because I'm too squishy is not acceptable. After playing a few RWZ it's sad but true, I drop down faster than a cheap prom date. Mercs survivability is very low and doesn't help the healers if they can't focus on the tanks or themselves.

I'm a pyro merc in full augmented War Hero gear, have over 20K Hps, 1300 exp, 950 dam. main hand, 35% crit, 80% crit multiplier and consistently do well over 300K damage in normal WZ's I consider myself a highly competent pvp'er, but now I have to pay for a choice that I made at level 10 and unable to compete in one of the things that I've been waiting for since first hearing about RWZ coming to swtor. I'm always open to feedback and critique but if there's nothing that I can change, then that's a major fail on BioWare's part and just overall poor game balancing.

By no means do I think that mercs need a dps boost because dps is fine, but something needs to be addressed if there is only 1 group make up that everyone is using because it's the only way to stay competitive. That's not proper balancing and moreover just not conducive to an immersive experience for all players.

just roll heals. :)

Got a merc in my guild who can top 500k damage without really trying and has two knockbacks and off-heals.

What other utility do you want? A pull? a leap? You have two knockbacks. You can own the upper platforms in huttball if you are any good.

L2P and get a new guild champ. I bring players to a WZ not classes.

So what you are saying is this guy does everything, dps, heals, and CC without breaking a sweat, all while hitting 500k? Post 1.2 I haven't seen a single BH hit 500k, maybe a couple of power techs at 400k but not 500. Screen shots or it never happened, cuz I would really like to see it.

So what you are saying is this guy does everything, dps, heals, and CC without breaking a sweat, all while hitting 500k? Post 1.2 I haven't seen a single BH hit 500k, maybe a couple of power techs at 400k but not 500. Screen shots or it never happened, cuz I would really like to see it.

lol Are you saying powertechs cant hit 500k on a regular basis? Its a bad game for a powertech if they are under 400k. I see 600k alot as well.

For a merc it is much harder to hit those type of numbers. But I have seen some good mercs do it and they do it very well.

I don't think the DPS itself is what is commando/merc's problem as long as they're running the right assault spec/pyro build, it's definitely utility that they lack. They need some kind of abilities that would make them more valuable to the group, such as skills that increase everyone's damage by 10% for the next 30 seconds or something. They also definitely need a reliable snare so they can kite better.

I was recently told by my guild that my class just doesn't fit into their A team comp for RWZ...I'm a pyro merc in full augmented War Hero gear, have over 20K Hps, 1300 exp, 950 dam. main hand, 35% crit, 80% crit multiplier and consistently do well over 300K damage in normal WZ's

Merc Pyro is the weakest dps class in the game. The only way you can counterbalance that is by being twice as skilled as every other player on your guild's "A" team. Failing that, you are are destined for the bench.

lol Are you saying powertechs cant hit 500k on a regular basis? Its a bad game for a powertech if they are under 400k. I see 600k alot as well.

For a merc it is much harder to hit those type of numbers. But I have seen some good mercs do it and they do it very well.

Honestly, I can't speak for power techs much. I know they can out dps me but I'm not familiar with what they can and can't do since I don't play one. But to be honest, I don't think I've seen a single power tech, on my server, get over 600k.

Honestly, I can't speak for power techs much. I know they can out dps me but I'm not familiar with what they can and can't do since I don't play one. But to be honest, I don't think I've seen a single power tech, on my server, get over 600k.

I'll have to show you some SS. Its amazing lol. Pretty sure we had 3 PT's on the opposing team do 500-650k EACH.

Mercs have more trouble of course, but they have healing abilities that the PT's dont (not like it makes much difference though, PT is still > Merc for DPS role). Our 1 pyro merc gets 400k+ regularly though.

Edited by Khoraji

How in the hell did this match end as a defeat? Something fishy going on

What do you mean how did they lose? Their opponents capped their point first, nobody ever capped mid. Thats how they lost.

http://i.imgur.com/GTa3B.jpg

Powertech damage for ya.

See this is what I mean. It's not so much the idea of the power tech's being SO much better than me because that's just the nature of pvp gaming, there will always be a class that can trump mine. However, when there is a huge disparity between a power tech and a merc, which in turn doesn't make me a viable choice for RWZ, then that's a problem.

How was I to know that my decision made at level 10, on game launch, would lead me to find out that my class is gimped simply cuz BW changed their mind somewhere down the road; very poor design and implementation on their part. This only helps feed the reasoning that mercs need some utility or allow people to respec their class choice.

Give Gunnery Commandos Hold the Line from the Vanguard Tactics tree and you will see pain happen. It's our ability to get completely shut down with pretty much no good way to counter that hurts us. A tool that lets commandos be the turrent class they're supposed to will make them pure nightmares on defense or offense if they know how to abuse their range. (LOS is a zero sum proposition).

What would be ideal is that every tank class, dps class and heal class can all put out the same numbers.

The problem is that this is real life.

If you are in an "elite" guild (and honestly I don't know why you'd put up with those types of people) they will ALWAYS find a way to analyze the system to give them the best, most powerful combination. That combination might only be best on paper but they will still use it because it's "the best".

I would suggest simply moving to a guild that allows for all competitors to play as long as they are a competent human being.

Seriously, when I have too many mercs and sorcs dps on my team its almost an instant loss. If you play these classes do your teamates a favor and switch to heals or reroll if you want to pvp. I cannot keep a merc alive long enough to make any difference. Now if you are the 1/100 who can outperform the real pvp classes then fine, but to the majority of you, your gimped toon is costing your team. Noone wants you in ranked and noone wants you in unranked either. Sad but true.

Lol now that I've made this post I see so many more like this popping up. Good to know that mercs aren't the only ones that feel the pain.

I feel for you OP, I'm pretty much in the same position, though more self-inflicted - I'm rerolling for the A-Team.

In RWZ as a rank 91 commando in full augmented WH gear, DPS wise I'm second fiddle to Vanguards and Sentinels. I can put out 400-650k in a Voidstar, 300-600k in civil war and 300-500k in Huttball without neglecting objectives - and this isn't a *patch* on what those other two classes can do when played by top-tier players (I can pull up screenshots of 800k to 900k from those guys)

Call them overpowered if you wish. Say they'll get fixed if you want, but there is absolutely no sign that balance is changing significantly in the near future - and until it does if you truly want an A-Team, your team composition has to reflect current reality.