Warzone Selection Tool

Bohdie_TM

Sorry this may not be the right place to ask this, but do we know if there is a plan for a PVP Warzone selection tool?

I like Huttball and all, but it would be nice to be able to select the warzones you would like to be be randomly selected for.

I did not see any plan regarding selecting warzones. Honestly, I think it should be kept random. If it is up to selection, people will make premades specifically for a warzone (for example sorcs + juggs for huttbal) and play only in that one. Having it random forces you to be prepared for all of them.

But that is just me.

Rateds would be pretty imbalanced if we were allowed to choose which maps we want to play. Not sure why peeps do not grasp this.

This statement makes no sense.

You have your team Optimized for, say, Huttball.

SO DO I.

We both queue for Huttball.

Where is the imbalance?

Now I get another team assembled for, say, Alderaan. SO DO YOU. We both queue for Alderaan.

Where is the imbalance?

Edited by Zaodon

SO DO I.

Where is the imbalance?

Now I get another team assembled for, say, Alderaan. SO DO YOU. We both queue for Alderaan.

Where is the imbalance?

If you can't see the fail in that, not my problem.

Cheers.

If you can't see the fail in that, not my problem.

Cheers.

Translation: "I can't see the fail in that, I guess I just parrotted what other people said about picking your Warzone without actually thinking it through, and now I can't defend my own post."

Translation: "I can't see the fail in that, I guess I just parrotted what other people said about picking your Warzone without actually thinking it through, and now I can't defend my own post."

Usually simpletons use translation memes.

GG & tks for playing.

Usually simpletons use translation memes.

GG & tks for playing.

And people that get "pwned" in a forum thread usually resort to ad-hominem attacks rather than admitting they lost.

Edited by Zaodon

And people that get "pwned" in a forum thread usually resort to ad-hominem attacks rather than admitting they lost.

Ironic, since this game doesn't allow selection of maps, and with good reason (so not sure how I lost). I can see why some need to wear helmets when typing on the interwebs lol.

Edited by Pistols

SO DO I.

Where is the imbalance?

Where is the imbalance?

this would not work without

a)cross server rated WZs

b)Dual spec option

Rateds would be pretty imbalanced if we were allowed to choose which maps we want to play. Not sure why peeps do not grasp this.

I was going to say that I'd be okay with this option if it was for Normal Warzones ONLY.

Edited by Varicite

this would not work without

a)cross server rated WZs

b)Dual spec option

Why?

a) with the recent server merges, there are fast pops.

b) wha- ?? Why the heck would I need dual spec? I can join a Huttball Team of 8, then queue for Huttball. Then I can join a Novare Coast team of 8 and queue for Novare. Why would I need to respec in between ?

Your post makes no sense.

I sort of like this idea for lvling reasons (gear and xp), but that's the main issue with it. Easy to use to your advantage.

People would choose the "fastest" WZs. Pre-mades with 4 or 8, wouldn't matter. If you had the right make up for huttball you could win 3-4 matches in 10min. say 20 matches an hour, 4 hours of play, 100 coms per match, you get the idea

Edited by CharterMonkKent

These are all really good points. I would like to keep it random, but would just like to include or remove WZ that I am not fond of all the time. So now I queue up for PVP and get stuck in Huttball three times in a row is boring. So I end up bailing and re-queue. Takes time and now hurts my stats, not that I am keeping track of stats.

I was thinking more like queuing for instances in WOW. I select a few and just wait for the team to build up and bam on my way.

Just a thought and thanks for the comments.

Edited by Bohdie_TM

These are all really good points. I would like to keep it random, but would just like to include or remove WZ that I am not fond of all the time. So now I queue up for PVP and get stuck in Huttball three times in a row is boring. So I end up bailing and re-queue. Takes time and now hurts my stats, not that I am keeping track of stats.

I was thinking more like queuing for instances in WOW. I select a few and just wait for the team to build up and bam on my way.

Just a thought and thanks for the comments.

this is a good idea

keep it random but allow for you to opt-out of a warzone of your choice that way people can't have cheese tactics/builds for a single WZ yet avoid their most hated WZ (VOIDSTAR ANYONE)

I'm all for a selection screen like the LFG tool for unranked warzones but for RWZs there should be no choice.

If your team wants to have the best rating, you need to do well in all warzones.

ps please don't QQ in the future if your queue doesn't pop if all you queue for is your favorite Huttball/VS/CW/NC wz

Edited by Meanerr

If you are allowed to queue for a specific WZ then one of two things will happen:

1. You will get all the Huttball you can stand and you will be very happy.

2. Your queue time will be 1-2 hours since you opted out of Huttball, you will then come to the forums to complain about long queue times.

Huttball is by far the most popular WZ. If we allow people to queue for specific warzones then only Huttball will get a large enough number of queuers to pop with any decent frequency.

I'm all for a selection screen like the LFG tool for unranked warzones but for RWZs there should be no choice.

If your team wants to have the best rating, you need to do well in all warzones.

ps please don't QQ in the future if your queue doesn't pop if all you queue for is your favorite Huttball/VS/CW/NC wz

I agree, and I definately never bail once the qame has started. It's just when you see the same unranked WZ pop-up again and again one after another it's a little tiring. Variety is the spice of life.

I was going to say that I'd be okay with this option if it was for Normal Warzones ONLY.

Really it shouldn't be that hard to differentiate as you have to have 8 to que for ranked and cannot have more then 4 to que for normal so adding a "group finder que" system for WZ where you can highlight what matches (Flashpoints) you want to participate in then allow for ques. This would "eliminate" premade options as it would be a groupfinder for WZs so you could ONLY enter this option solo. Now if your group all qued for say Huttball there is a fair chance that you could end up playing against each other instead of with!

The only imbalance that would realistically come with this for Ranked though is for a Well rounded team to que for all options and a WZ designed group to que ONLY for that WZ! However, another problem with this for ranked is when a team is set to play ONLY one WZ and for some reason NO other team is! That being a longshot at best though I could see this worked for either RWZs or NWZs.

As A ranked team captain you would have to know the strengths of your team and not que for matches you will likely not do well in based on personnel, yet a team that is set around Huttball could still do well in another WZ but maybe not as well as a team built ONLY for that WZ.

Personally I see Ranked right now as unbalanced as you get these teams that are set for Alderaan or Novare Coast and get thrown into Huttball with a team set to play Huttball, and they get their backsides lashed 100 times! That'll kill a parakeet!

By setting up an option to play the WZ you have organized your team for you would be infact balancing RWZs. However, you would need to add a WZ specific stats as opposed to WZ stats as you would have well ranked teams that ONLY play ONE WZ instead of ALL.

If you are allowed to queue for a specific WZ then one of two things will happen:

1. You will get all the Huttball you can stand and you will be very happy.

2. Your queue time will be 1-2 hours since you opted out of Huttball, you will then come to the forums to complain about long queue times.

Huttball is by far the most popular WZ. If we allow people to queue for specific warzones then only Huttball will get a large enough number of queuers to pop with any decent frequency.

Uuummmm, just so I'm clear, there are people that actually like Huttball? I guess a guardian or jugg would like playing Huttball all the time but every time Huttball starts I see 2 things happen:

1) 25% of the people leave the WZ as soon as they get in

2) Half the people that stay say "OH GAWD I F'ING HATE HUTTBALL !!!!"

So, yeah, I don't think that's going to be a problem (at least not on my server).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.