Crafting is a Waste of Time and Credits

Gidrea

You are doing crafting wrong. I made 2mill in a day crafting and selling augments.

Couldn't help seeing this.

I sincerely doubt it. I know...anything is possible but you have some many people bragging about everything that when you see something like this, you tend to be very skeptical.

Pictures or it didn't happen,

Before I transferred, I was making a killing in AH on crafting being I have every single crafting prof at 400. But now, after I transferred, I refuse to craft anything being the prices are so low, it's not worth it. Unfortunately, some players don't realize it's more expensive to craft certain things then the prices they sell them for. Edited by RikHar

Couldn't help seeing this.

I sincerely doubt it. I know...anything is possible but you have some many people bragging about everything that when you see something like this, you tend to be very skeptical.

Pictures or it didn't happen,

2,000,000 credits in one day of selling augments is child's play. That's not even brag-worthy. Post 4 each of 5 different in-demand types at 100k each and they will all sell within 24 hours. Assuming you're on a destination server. You did take the free transfer, right?

Edited by DarthTHC

I don't have as much crafting experience as some of the other people posting in this thread, but having just started working on my snythweaving I can say crafting is not a waste or time nor credits as long as your willing to work at it.

A few days ago I dropped about 50k to buy a bunch of mats so I can make a bunch of augments to RE. When I was done I had learned how to make 4 epic augments, I made one of each, threw them on the GTN for around 100k each. The next day I had over 400k waiting in my mailbox.

Now I'm not saying my results are typical or constant, but it just felt nice making that money.

The crafting system is far from perfect and I do wish it had be done differently, but this is the system we have and have to make due with that we got. The game is new enough so that Bioware could possibly change things around. The only way change will come about is if people can actually post productive comments and ideas about the crafting system instead of just coming here and complaining that the system is broken.

I craft mainly to supply my characters, though I have to admit I earn credits doing it as well.

I spend all my time filling missing niches in the GTN. I can't say I'm earning massive quantities of credits, but I'm earning enough to buy all the little extra things that are nice to have even if they aren't necessary.

As Artifice, I made all my credits with Enhancements, Hilts and Color Crystals of the mid-level range. While they are available for commendations it has been my experience that the comm rewards aren't always the best choice. Nor do I always have enough comms to get what I want.

Ultimately, though, I do it because its fun and something to do and not because I find it necessary or because I want credits. Credits seem to come easy enough past level 35 anyway.