Dropping threat as a Merc. healer

This question might have been posed elsewhere...my apologies if that's the case. Having leveled an Operative it's nice to have a couple different ways to quickly drop threat while healing in a flashpoint. I have a lvl 42 Merc. and I don't seem to have that ability to immediately drop my threat level like I am able to on my Operative. Did I miss an ability/trick here?

This is just flat wrong - we have Chaff Flare, which is obtained at level 30.

Ahhh Thanks!!! This is similar to Counter Measures for the Operative. I think I had completely removed the ability from my tool bar since I have essentially leveled as dps and used Mako as a companion...I felt no need to use it.

No, you aren't missing anything, there's no ability to drop your aggro level as a Merc healer.

Troll.....

OP, you have Chaff Flare which is the merc ability to drop your threat level a bit. Since 1.3 I have noticed that the threat generation has gone waaay up for healers. Chaff is one way to counteract this of course.

The real way to control this threat is to not over heal. Boss fights will not be an issue as long as your tank and dps know what they are doing as well, but in times of multi-mob pulls, even rapid shots will pull those added mobs to you. Again, DO NOT over heal. Keep kolto shell on you instead of the tank, as your healing should suffice. DO NOT start in right away on a pull with rapid shots or a heal. Just like dps now, we have to wait until the tank gets solid agro on all the mobs.

I personally like the new threat generation. I feel like it is actually challenging me instead of healing being just way to easy.

This is just flat wrong - we have Chaff Flare, which is obtained at level 30.

I sit corrected. Indeed, there is Chaff Flare. I totally forgot about this ability since at lvl 50 one application of Kolto Shell seems to be enough to draw aggro that Chaff Flare does not seem to get rid of, even if you don't use ANY other ability.

My apologies for misleading you, the OP. Just get used to it not working later on.