I'd probably still be playing this game if my main (Arsenal Merc) wasn't useless

Fix our Advanced Class or at least let us switch to OP Power Tech.

Geared Merc healers do about 1/2 the healing that a Recruit geared Sorc can do. Arsenal Mercenaries are laughable bad if they are being attacked AT ALL... I'll take that back, they are just plain laughable bad...

Pyro is the only viable class in the Mercenary Advanced class, and it's still the 3rd worst class in the game (in front of Arsenal Merc and Merc heals).

I really do like this game, and I love a challenge... that's why I've stuck with Arsenal Merc since release (yes I can do great damage)... but the class really is broken. It's the sad truth. I can't play a ranked/competitve PvP match with my LvL 50 Arsenal Battlemaster (66 Valor) that I love anymore without wanting to throw my keyboard against the wall because I can't take melee below 75% health.

I'm too lazy to re-roll. I guess that's a me problem.

Edited by Kentontudor

Compared to others Powertechs are NOT overpowered! We have best burst in the game.. thats all!

-No stealth

-No reflect (marauder rebuke).

-No healing through our attacks

-1 defensive bubble on 2 min cooldown.

-grapple on a moderate cooldown. (compare to force charge 15s cd)

-One 4s stun and one 2.5s AoE stun

-No knockbacks.

-No cleanse.

-No escape.

Edited by Qishari
removed rude comments

No stealth

No reflect (marauder rebuke).

No healing through our attacks

1 defensive bubble on 2 min cooldown.

grapple on a moderate cooldown. (compare to force charge 15s cd)

One 4s stun, and one 2.5s AoE stun

No knockbacks.

No cleanse.

No escape.

Compared to others Powertechs are NOT overpowered! We have best burst in the game.. thats all!

Besides, I don't have a problem with Power Techs. I have a problem with Mercenaries.

Edited by Qishari
quoted/replied to removed content

I was in the same position as you and didn't feel like re-rolling at all

but once you feel the power of PTs compared to the merc it might give you that extra drive to start all over again...it worked for me

The thing I don't get is that we didn't really need a nerf. Yes, idiots stood there and spammed Tracer Missile. And everyone thought that we needed a nerf because the game hadn't really made it into the heart of competitive PvP yet. Even before the nerf, we couldn't touch melee. And now after the nerf (which I still don't get) we're worse off than we were. Lol Edited by Qishari
Quoted rude comments

-No stealth

-No reflect (marauder rebuke).

-No healing through our attacks

-1 defensive bubble on 2 min cooldown.

-grapple on a moderate cooldown. (compare to force charge 15s cd)

-One 4s stun and one 2.5s AoE stun

-No knockbacks.

-No cleanse.

-No escape.

Your joking right that's why there's so many of them in warzones compared

Too the ops class you are the apex class of swtor

Edited by Qishari
quoted removed content

The thing I don't get is that we didn't really need a nerf. Yes, idiots stood there and spammed Tracer Missile. And everyone thought that we needed a nerf because the game hadn't really made it into the heart of competitive PvP yet. Even before the nerf, we couldn't touch melee. And now after the nerf (which I still don't get) we're worse off than we were. Lol

But Merc performance is

Geared Merc healers do about 1/2 the healing that a Recruit geared Sorc can do. Arsenal Mercenaries are laughable bad if they are being attacked AT ALL... I'll take that back, they are just plain laughable bad...

Pyro is the only viable class in the Mercenary Advanced class, and it's still the 3rd worst class in the game (in front of Arsenal Merc and Merc heals).

I really do like this game, and I love a challenge... that's why I've stuck with Arsenal Merc since release (yes I can do great damage)... but the class really is broken. It's the sad truth. I can't play a ranked/competitve PvP match with my LvL 50 Arsenal Battlemaster (66 Valor) that I love anymore without wanting to throw my keyboard against the wall because I can't take melee below 75% health.

such a big man

I hear your pain man. I resubbed to give 1.3 a try, because of the so called merc improvements.. After 10 ranked WZ matches I unsubbed again and uninstalled the game. Haven't played SWTOR since. The class balance person is horrific in this game. It was funny seeing so many Mercs after 1.3 trying the changes. Didn't take long for most of them to quit again. After checking back here on the forums it's obvious that most of them feel the same way that I did when I quit. I'm actually a little POed that they got my hopes up (with the so called Merc buff) where I paid 15 bucks for another month. GL Edited by MrSIlverSurfing

Geared Merc healers do about 1/2 the healing that a Recruit geared Sorc can do.

lol what?

Must be talking about PvE because Merc Healers are great in PvP, and sorcs are the worst.

People here say stop QQing about a nerf and reroll. If your really going to quit a game because of a nerf then so be it and goodbye.... Generally, I would have to agree, but I'm ok with how long it takes to get fully geared and itemized pvp and pve gear. Since the gear isn't already fully optimized, you pretty much have to get 2-3 pieces of that same gear again just to optimize it. It takes forever. Also, why spend all that time when Bioware might just end up destroying that class like they did the merc. From previous nerfs/buffs you might get like few weeks of enjoyment with the fully geared flavor of the month character. Bioware doesn't just nerf a class, they destroy them imo. Everything before 1.2 was better balanced with a few exceptions. Some of the buffs they through out to the snipers and assasins were fine with me, but the nerfs were devestating. Here we are, months later, still feeling the set back of the nerfs with no sign of any improvements.