Recommended Sentinel Build?

VirusChris

Well, in Ranked WZ PvP, Combat is known to be better because your trick as Watchman are easier to counter.

However, we're talking about Ranked, and still, only this.

In Pug PVP, Watchman does wonder, your interrupt is a pain in the *** of healers.

For PvE, you will loose a lot of dps by going combat, like it or not. And the dps you'll loose will be even worse on something else than a strawman as you will not be able to burst as much as you would like.

Apart from if you have full WH gear and a ranked wz team, go watchman, really :)

NB : And yes of course you can reset your skills in combat training section.

Hmm... still not sure, but I'll go with a Combat/Watchman Build Combo then though it's going to take some time to make a probably Sentinel build where I hit enemies fast and hard and occasionally go on Ranked PvP matches for fun.

What does WH stand for? Sorry, I haven't fully gotten all of the abbreviations for many of the in-game places and stuff yet.

Is PvP gear better than PvE gear overall? I'm thinking about it, and I like to find a Jedi Sentinel robe that has the hood down... kinda dislike now having the option to keep the hood up or down at will.

Reset skills at Combat Skill Centers? Thanks!

Hmm... still not sure, but I'll go with a Combat/Watchman Build Combo then though it's going to take some time to make a probably Sentinel build where I hit enemies fast and hard and occasionally go on Ranked PvP matches for fun.

What does WH stand for? Sorry, I haven't fully gotten all of the abbreviations for many of the in-game places and stuff yet.

Is PvP gear better than PvE gear overall? I'm thinking about it, and I like to find a Jedi Sentinel robe that has the hood down... kinda dislike now having the option to keep the hood up or down at will.

Reset skills at Combat Skill Centers? Thanks!

The more people go combat, the more watchman people seems exceptionnal with their dps, fine for me :)

WH stands for War Hero which is tier 3 PvP gear (highest so far). BM stands for Battlemaster which is T2, and recruit for T1.

PvP gear is better than PvE overall, as it's a gear who can use in both environment with good performances. PvE gear performs better in PvE, but is absolute waste in PvP. If you can't be bothered to have both, having PvP gear is the way to go if you do both activities.

PvP gear is as well easier to get, even though more grind based. Tier 3 PvP gear (War Hero) is way easier to grab than the PvE equivalent (campaign) as even a solo player can get it with just enough time. However, main stats are a bit lower (strength/endurance) due to expertise. I would still have both for max efficiency.

The more people go combat, the more watchman people seems exceptionnal with their dps, fine for me :)

WH stands for War Hero which is tier 3 PvP gear (highest so far). BM stands for Battlemaster which is T2, and recruit for T1.

PvP gear is better than PvE overall, as it's a gear who can use in both environment with good performances. PvE gear performs better in PvE, but is absolute waste in PvP. If you can't be bothered to have both, having PvP gear is the way to go if you do both activities.

PvP gear is as well easier to get, even though more grind based. Tier 3 PvP gear (War Hero) is way easier to grab than the PvE equivalent (campaign) as even a solo player can get it with just enough time. However, main stats are a bit lower (strength/endurance) due to expertise. I would still have both for max efficiency.

Ah, I see... thanks for that info! Though the T2 and T1 ones are a little confusing to me.

Definitely will get the PvP gear when I can... and are there ones with the hoods down for the Jedi Sentinel? Where can I get the Tier 3 PvP War Hero gear?

Right now, with the Skill Calculator, I'm not exactly sure where to put my points into the Combat and Watchman Tree to truly help my Sentinel with great DPS damage and stuff. Should I get to the highest point in the Skill Tree for Watchman or Combat to bring out my preferred fighting style? Sometimes I wish the level cap wasn't LV50... it would be neat to have more points to cover mostly 2 out of 3 trees. I still need help with this regard.

Ah, I see... thanks for that info! Though the T2 and T1 ones are a little confusing to me.

Definitely will get the PvP gear when I can... and are there ones with the hoods down for the Jedi Sentinel? Where can I get the Tier 3 PvP War Hero gear?

Right now, with the Skill Calculator, I'm not exactly sure where to put my points into the Combat and Watchman Tree to truly help my Sentinel with great DPS damage and stuff. Should I get to the highest point in the Skill Tree for Watchman or Combat to bring out my preferred fighting style? Sometimes I wish the level cap wasn't LV50... it would be neat to have more points to cover mostly 2 out of 3 trees. I still need help with this regard.

For both Watchman or Combat, the end feat is highly recommended. So going an hybrid style where you wouldn't get merciless slash (Watchman) or Blade Rush (Combat) would be a waste of points in my opinion.

If I had to go hybrid for experimental purpose, I would try such a build. Use of Ataru form is mandatory due to having points in combat.

Such a build would give me overload saber and a 100% crit chance on blade storm on top of precision slash, which could end up doing decent damage if you can find a decent rotation with it.

As to be able to do as good as with a 31 combat or 31 watchman, I have no idea :)

Edited by Nolenthar

Hmm... how is this for a build?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501hMMZZrIrR0Rbfs.2

With 3 points left to go into something, Is this a good Sentinel build for me, for a fast and hard hitter? Too bad I can't get the "Fleetfooted" skill, I would like to improve Transcendence when I get that Jedi Camouflage ability.

I don't mind Force Leap that much, but the speed to use the skill over and over again is kinda nice.

Hmm... how is this for a build?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501hMMZZrIrR0Rbfs.2

With 3 points left to go into something, Is this a good Sentinel build for me, for a fast and hard hitter? Too bad I can't get the "Fleetfooted" skill, I would like to improve Transcendence when I get that Jedi Camouflage ability.

I don't mind Force Leap that much, but the speed to use the skill over and over again is kinda nice.

I think you are a bit bottom heavy in the Watchman tree. You may be better off taking out the points in Inflammation and Recompense and placing them in blurred speed and close quarters. Harassing and locking down healers is one of the strengths of the Watchman tree, those two skills are virtually a must have, to go along with Watchguard, for that job.

Don't worry about Transcendence at all either, you want to pop Zen more often with your centering for the healing that Juyo gives back. The force camo aspect of the Fleetfooted talent is a separate benefit, not intertwined with Transcendence's benifit.

I hate the 'whatever you feel like' but your in a pretty good spot right now so the last three are gravy points.

Perhaps one back in Recompense if you find you are using riptose. You could go with Master Focus in the Focus tree to beef up your master strike.

I'm not sure if your burns are considered force or melee (perhaps an experienced Watchman could help here) but if they are focus based then Insight wouldn't be a bad talent either.

You really can't go wrong with the last three, you have the meat and potatoes of the build now. :D

• 1 year later...

Couple notes on difficulty+DPS:

Watchman = Hard, but has the edge in overall damage if allowed to focus a target long enough to do it. Very-High back-end damage

Combat = Moderate, fast and punchy, on demand burst damage, but you have to watch those resources. High front-end burst damage

Smashmonkey = Easy, also fast and punchy, flail those low damage moves until you are ready to drop the smashbomb. High middle of the road damage.

• 2 months later...
Hi, i have got a new question here. I saw a skill called dual wield mastery from the 'combat' skill tree of sentinel. It increases the damage dealt by off-hand lightsaber attacks. May i know does it mean only skills that throw out the lightsaber can get this benefits? Edited by RexxarLoh

Hi, i have got a new question here. I saw a skill called dual wield mastery from the 'combat' skill tree of sentinel. It increases the damage dealt by off-hand lightsaber attacks. May i know does it mean only skills that throw out the lightsaber can get this benefits?

Almost all of your skills will benefit from that talent. I may be wrong, but Dual Saber Throw, Blade Storm and Force Sweep are your only moves that don't have an offhand attack. Every other one of your moves has a second, weaker, offhand attack that can deal even more damage. It's a talent that's great for basically every spec. I just don't know enough about Focus to say for sure, but Watchman and Combat will both take all 3 points of that talent.