All servers down?

bionamaster

Actually not really

we have 100up and down where I work (UK), granted its and expensive line but given all the satellite sites and vpn access the syncronised uplink is just as important and the down link.

That said in Europe UKs internet is not that good compared to the rest of it. but 50+mbits is not that uncommon for some residentials people now

I have 30 Mbs here at home and work has 100 Mbs in Anaheim, CA ... so I have no clue what he's on about.

Unless he's confusing megaBITS with megaBYTES ...

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually not really

we have 100up and down where I work (UK), granted its and expensive line but given all the satellite sites and vpn access the syncronised uplink is just as important and the down link.

That said in Europe UKs internet is not that good compared to the rest of it. but 50+mbits is not that uncommon for some residentials people now

again, there's a factor 10 (in real life) / factor 8 (in theory) difference betweetn mbps / mbit and MB/s:

100 mbit = 12.5 MB/s theoretical

BW has not yet shown any effort in putting news on their home page, I don't think they ever will. Instead customers are expected to hunt the forums or twitter for information.

If it were any bigger it would jump out and bite you. ;p

I don't mind that they have to restart servers (after all things happen), but since it wasn't an emergency and they knew at least 30 min before they started the restarts that they could have sent in-world notifications as a courtesy.

I also do not believe this is a server restart issue. Even 80x86 processors can reboot faster. I think Bioware has simply indicated that its a server restart (all worlds, west coast, east coast, Europe and Asia) but is more likely an emergency bug fix as there shouldn't be a need to restart servers in 4 parts of the world all at the same time to resolve a lag issue since each server would be using its own routers, in different data centers, etc. etc.

Edited by Sortrin

Seriously: you guys need to hire some gamers to run your community. I would never in a billion years think that one update every 2 hours would be sufficient for a forum thread.

Indeed the way BW handles their community reminds me of how politicians "handle" people.

Hard to believe this was just a reboot. Our Citrix farm of 3000 servers do not take this long.

Doing a little background patching of the servers? A little cleanup of the servers? Or did a Jr. Server Administrator do the reboot rofl...

Seriously?? Have you have you ever worked in IT for a large company?? How about we not insult the intelligence of those that do and actually know what they are talking about.. Problems can popup at any time.. Even on weekends.. How about you cut them some slack.. Because like you, they have families and stuff too.. Bioware is doing an awsome job.. Every MMO has these issues at one time or another.. This isn't new or out of the ordinary..

**** happens.. Even Forrest Gump knew that.. Maybe you should too..

WOW ...and if we all got paid IT wages we would be back in 1962 and kennedys camalot with no infaltion, working mon-fri grilling in the back yard on weekends and playing with our kids....Get over it poindextor the IT guys make big bucks and know this stuff can happen at any moment but like the boyscouts they should be prepared , with at least the ability to inform the communitty of the situation which has'nt happened.

Edited by CaineSoto

Hard to believe this was just a reboot. Our Citrix farm of 3000 servers do not take this long.

Doing a little background patching of the servers? A little cleanup of the servers? Or did a Jr. Server Administrator do the reboot rofl...

God I hate Citrix ... goes down more often than a $2 ******.

WOW ...and if we all got paid IT wages we would be back in 1962 and kennedys camalot with no infaltion, working mon-fri grilling in the back yard on weekends and playing with our kids....Get over it poindextor the IT guys make big bucks and know this stuff can happen at any moment but like the boyscouts they should be prepared , with at least the ability to unform ther communitty of the situation which has'nt happened.

"big bucks" ?

You poor deluded soul. If only that were true!