Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Weird E instead of Question Mark

Bradalf

When I'm in game, whenever I press the Slash/Question mark key, I get this weird E with an accent over it. It only seems to happen in the game and there are no options in preferences to change it that I'm aware of. This randomly started happening. Anyone have any ideas?

• 1 month later...

This happens because you are switching your keyboard layout to a European/French layout. To stop this from happening you need to either disable the keyboard short-cut, or remove non-US standard keyboard layouts.

To do this, you will need to go into your language settings. If you have the language bar on your taskbar, it is the quickest way there. If you don't, you will need to go to your control panel, under "Clock, Language, and Region" select "Change keyboards or other input methods". On the window that pops up, select "Change keyboards...". Under the general tab you can remove any keyboard layout you don't use. Make sure to leave "US" as it is the standard layout for an english keyboard. If you just want to change/remove the keybind you can do that under the "Advanced Key Settings" tab.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.