Lackluster talents

MindSpore

Cool under pressure:

The talent seems pretty lackluster, any plans on improving it in the future bioware? I was thinking 15-20% would make the talent actually worth investing the points in.

Rapid Fire:

While the talent itself is decent enough, it seems a bit unimpressive for a 3 point talent investment. Trip shot does the exact same thing for leg shot (which imo should reduce the cd to 10 seconds) but is only 2 points. Maybe add something else on top of the cd reduction, like move the 15% armor pen from illegal mods and add it to the rapid fire talent. Maybe add crit instead of the armor pen on illegal mods, we correct me if I'm wrong would be more useful for all the specs.

True, but for leg shot - you don't use them as much as Aimed Shot and (Whatever the 3 second channel is), so Rapid fire is nice, Rapid Fire also lowers the cd of TWO moves, not just one like leg shot.

Making Illegal Mods useful for all specs would be a great change. But I think it would be too similar to Explosive Fuel/whatever the Vanguard equivalent is (+25% ranged and tech crit)

It may not seem like much on paper, but that "boring" investment means the difference between having a fluid MM/SS rotation, and having to spam Rifle Shot / Flurry of Bolts and Snipe / Charged Burst while you're waiting on your heavy hitters to come off CD.

It may not seem like much on paper, but that "boring" investment means the difference between having a fluid MM/SS rotation, and having to spam Rifle Shot / Flurry of Bolts and Snipe / Charged Burst while you're waiting on your heavy hitters to come off CD.

This is true it does allow you to use your bread and butter abilities more often. If this is key to having a fluid rotation then maybe it should be standard. I'm not saying the function of the talent is bad..

No.

Each skill tree exists to bolster a particular playstyle. In the case of Marksman that playstyle is a heavy focus on direct weapon based attacks. Start handing out what makes each tree unique to everyone, and the point of specialization goes out the window.