The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Oceanic release... Still waiting on info.

Humdot

EA would love to sell you a digital copy of the game. They can't because of your restrictive laws about video games. You really need to petition your government to relax their video gaming censorsh....er ratings laws.

This just isn't true and I wish people would stop saying it. The only situation where games are effected by Australian rating laws is when they are unable to rate them MA15+ or less, since we have no R18+ rating.

Now, I sincerely doubt SWTOR needed a R18+ rating, so this isn't the reason we cannot buy it.

This just isn't true and I wish people would stop saying it. The only situation where games are effected by Australian rating laws is when they are unable to rate them MA15+ or less, since we have no R18+ rating.

Now, I sincerely doubt SWTOR needed a R18+ rating, so this isn't the reason we cannot buy it.

^^ This. Absolutely CORRECT!!!

Bingo.

There is no reason why they could not have released a few Oceanic servers (since they are letting us pre-order and play) and all this would have been fixed. We would have our servers, minus yanks, and the yanks could stay out of our hair. Problem solved. But they force us to play on yankee/euro servers. Seems quite insulting if you ask me.

Two unofficial Oceanic servers, so you all go in there and complain about the ques? lol come on guys. There are like over 20+ other servers out there. Me and 5 other aussies are in Vornskr if any other oceanic players want to join us : ) It's not up to bioware to provide more servers for us...there are already enough. The great thing about being in Oceanic regeon is whilst Vornskr might be full during USA prime time..it's registering as Heavy on our prime time so no wait to log it. Same goes for other servers...time difference works to our advantage. Those looking for so call unofficial Oceanic servers, need to branch out. Hell, we could use more players on Vornskr during Aussie prime time...we have no ques. Perhaps make a NEW thread and try to get Oceanic players post where appart from Harbinger and Swiftwhatever the name is...they are playing in. There might be a possible Oceanic server out there we do not know about /wink.

^^ This. Absolutely CORRECT!!!

The high population on the unofficial "oceanic" servers seems to be more a result of poor planning by the people organising these unofficial servers (i.e. the Oceanic community) rather than by BioWare/EA. I mean we're the ones who selected that number of servers and packed them full.