Modding up a tank set

WutsInAName

Looking to do up a tank set to run some PVE.

Wondering if buying up what I can in Columi and Tion and ripping out the mods to put into a set I have in bank is worthwhile....

Or should I just say screw it and look like a clown and save the credits it would cost me? Is a 'adaptive gear' tank frowned upon unless they have a set bonus?

I'd suggest ripping out the chest mods so you can at least pick a custom chest piece, then use the default shells for the other four slots to get the set bonus. Would be nice if they could get those set bonuses attached to armouring mod for all gear though.

The set bonus for the Juggernaut PVE gear is rubbish anyway, so i ripped the mods from the head and chest, put them in a chest with a cap and big shoulder pads, and the head mods in one of the re breather looking things.

Makes my zabrak look like darth malgus, just missing the hood

The set bonus for the Juggernaut PVE gear is rubbish anyway, so i ripped the mods from the head and chest, put them in a chest with a cap and big shoulder pads, and the head mods in one of the re breather looking things.

Makes my zabrak look like darth malgus, just missing the hood

Torvix 4 man, grab the black robe. Will be a robe, hood up with your rebreather mask on.

Looking to do up a tank set to run some PVE.

Wondering if buying up what I can in Columi and Tion and ripping out the mods to put into a set I have in bank is worthwhile....

Or should I just say screw it and look like a clown and save the credits it would cost me? Is a 'adaptive gear' tank frowned upon unless they have a set bonus?

The only reason I wouldn't recommend this is partially because the set bonuses aren't complete garbage, and partially because it's costly unless you're not planning to run ops and upgrade any time soon. Its really fast to move up from Tionese, and not much slower to move in to Rakata after that if you're in a guild that does Ops.

If you just want a particular look swap out the chest piece and match your gear to it - unless the sets are completely different there won't be much overall change by swapping in the secondary pieces.

The set bonus for the Juggernaut PVE gear is rubbish anyway

I don't know, a 20% increase on (5% of your max health) absorbed every 12 seconds doesn't seem like a wasted bonus to me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.