PvP Leveling Spec : Rage vs others

rpeplins

So I've been leveling up solely on PvP and Class Story, and just to make my life difficult, I decided to do it Rage spec. I'm 37 right now and starting to really feel the pain of not having access to Force Crush for another 8 levels or so with my given build right now. Force Choke is great when I get 1v1, but for extended fights, I feel like a hero once a minute, and when a resolve bar is filled, it suddenly becomes more of a case of praying "Please stay close, please stay close, please don't beat on me while I am helpless here." Shockwave only coming once a minute and having to line it up with Obliterate or Force Charge, and Smash makes it even worse.

So... PvP leveling specs. I might go back to Rage after gaining another handful of levels, but in the meantime, I'm looking at Annihilation and Carnage. I like the look of Carnage overall, but I've also always been a fan of DoTs. But I've never played either, and I was just wondering what people think about this for mid-to-late levels PvP.

Just as a side note, I love harassing healers, so if one of the specs is better for that than the other, it might actually sway me that direction.

Thanks for the thoughts,

-R

Annihilation is the best spec for pre 50 warzones until 40, then it evens out quite a bit more. Rage has the highest damage potential when you are against a melee heavy team. Against a ranged team you will be hitting a single target with smash most of the time, which isn't exactly the best use of the spec. This is why i stopped playing it. Plus smash is still bugged.

Ive tried all three since i hit 40 and i can say they are all very effective. None more so than the other. Ive done 400k damage games with all 3 specs.

Its a different story at 50, but it is so imbalanced and broken that i haven't bothered playing in that bracket since Jan.

I would just try all 3 specs once you hit 40 for a while and see which one you enjoy the most. The damage difference is minimal if you are a decent player.