Sength and power for sentinel

Zion_Ninja

Then you don't understand the math, or what an average means. In a sufficiently large number of attacks, the RNG makes zero difference to your average damage, which is higher with Strength.

Actually you're both right. Over a long enough period of time the average success rate SHOULD be about 33%. However, it's not a guarantee by any means.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under 50, Strength is better for sentinels in all trees as it gives a 1 to 5 bonus damage ratio. (1 strength = 5 bonus damage), power gives you a 1 to 4.3 ratio. Above 50 it changes to where power is slightly better to stack than strength.

Just saying....duel me.

Level 49 Focus/Combat Sent

Strength 1557

Accuracy 105.40% (128)

Crit chance 35.24% (198)

Crit multiplier 108.72% (410)

Power (384)

Call ********....? Youtube search sentinel 49 pvp ****-fest.

Under 50, Strength is better for sentinels in all trees as it gives a 1 to 5 bonus damage ratio. (1 strength = 5 bonus damage), power gives you a 1 to 4.3 ratio. Above 50 it changes to where power is slightly better to stack than strength.

Just saying....duel me.

Strength 1557

Accuracy 105.40% (128)

Crit chance 35.24% (198)

Power (384)

There is so much wrong with this, I don't even know where to begin.

Then you don't understand the math, or what an average means. In a sufficiently large number of attacks, the RNG makes zero difference to your average damage, which is higher with Strength.

I do understand the math, and I know what an average is. I fully understand that given a large enough sampling pool, one would expect to see the dmg average out. I am simply using power as a hedge. The RNG(through crafting) has shown me that is doesn't always provide reliable averages in smaller sampling pools. I would rather hit with more dmg ALL of the time(with power) than take the chance that the RNG will provide accurate statistical averages over the course of an OP.

And since it's only a difference of 1% or less, I suppose none of this really even matters in real live gamplay. This is just a thread to show mathematically, which stat is superior.

Just saying....duel me.

Strength 1557

Accuracy 105.40% (128)

Crit chance 35.24% (198)

Power (384)

Lol this post made me laugh so hard.

@Laguna: I was wondering about that parse you did, is it possible to show the graph when you go over 228 crit rating? just wondering if it would go down at the same rate as it went up. (also since my crit rating atm is higher than 228)