BM/WH PvP Gear vs FP/Ops Gear

WildOnOne

Question: At what point is the Flash Point / Operations Gear better than the PvP Gear (the BM or WH gear) for Operations?

See, I have some WH gear (say 30%) and the rest BM gear from WZs (I like the Ware Zones). I don’t do FPs all that much, but did a normal 50 one (I think it was called D7) and the purple gear drops for my guardian even without the Expertise were rated far less (like 116) than the 142 / 152 I have right now. Even the Tionese (sp?) one has less stats. The columi (sp?) is a bit better but not by much.

Is it possible to do Hard Mode FPs with BM/WH gear?

And if not, how do I get this Ops gear without actually doing the FPs in Hard Mode?

And further, what should I be doing in terms of which Flash Points (it seems normal FPs are real easy and the drops are awful compared to what I already have) with this current PvP gear to get the Ops Gear?

Any help would be appreciated as right now I only have my BM/WH PvP gear and that’s it.

Angelyn

Battlemaster/War Hero gear should be just fine for hard mode flash points with Lost Island HM being a possible exception (I've seen DPS done it with WH gear but haven't seen PvP geared tanks run it since I am a tank). You will also be fine for EV/KP SM content.

Tionese gear is garbage. When modded orange gear can be much better, there's really no point with them. BM/WH gear, as you've seen is much better than Tionese which is the stuff that you get from running HM FPs through token drops. The Columi gear can be useful, and it's a good starting point for getting geared for ops. Just compare piece by piece to what you have.

Some of my BM/WH is just as good or better then some of my columi gear. So you should be fine, it is also easier to get Black Hole gear now. I don't do ops heavily but I am performing fine and gearing up pretty nicely between BM/WH, a few Columi pieces, rakata implants and ear piece and black hole gear. My stance is, why do I need ops gear if I don't honestly want to run operations. The gear I got helps me perform well in the content I do which is pvp and HM FPs.

While BM/WH has better rating and most HM Fps and SM EV and KP Ops are doable in them, you'll start to run into problems with certain HM/NiM bosses and the other tiers of Operations or the fights will be more work or harder for you than they have to be.

BM/WH has slightly worse stats than Columi,Rakata and Black Hole gear because of the inclusion of Expertise in the BM/WH and the PvE gear generally gives you more health and thus higher survivability. The set bonuses on the PvE gear is typically better for HM Fps and Operations on all their difficulties.

Couple SM runs and you'll have a full set of Columi, I think it's even easier to grind the PvE gear than the grind associated with BM/WH.

Augmented BM is slightly better than unaugmented Columi.

Augmented WH is equivalent to unaugmented Rakata.

If you're working on WH gear then you should have 14 augments already, so you're good to go.