Confirm - Cannot RE purple to get an orange schematic

pblenis

Guide in previous post says no. I just want to confirm. I've RE about 20 purple items thinking i could. You shouldn't be able to RE a purple if you can't get a better schematic.

Rather confusing.

Edited by pblenis

Guide in previous post says no. I just want to confirm. I've RE about 20 purple items thinking i could. You shouldn't be able to RE a purple if you can't get a better schematic.

Rather confusing.

You cannot RE an Orange Modable Item... Confirmed

As for the Purple why would there be a restriction about REing it ?

As for the Purple why would there be a restriction about REing it ?

I have heard that REing a purple can get you an even higher purple.

In which case you probably would not get an orange from REing purples.

Edited by Saldrex

Not to change the subject, but can you get a purple from RE'ing blues? I assume you can.

I haven't spent the time or money on that to check. I did, however, have enough money to buy a vehicle at level 25 ...

Level 40 vehicle skill is 210 000 credits. I don't think I'll be mass-RE'ing blues until I hit 50.

:)

Alrighty... Let's be clear here

Orange are NOT the best equipment in the game (so that everyone is clear)

From my intel I gathered around the galaxy... When you RE a Purple it seems that you INDEED have a chance to have a better pattern / schematics has the Purple is NOT the best in game.

So yes you can RE a Purple Item... And you might have a chance to get some better schems

Legendaries are a indeed a deep bluish purple, but I'm not sure crafters, at least at low levels, can make them. Most reports of RE'ing purples have been no schematics, but I've heard whispers of people RE'ing purples and getting a better, but still artifact level purple, item.

This is the main gap in my reverse engineering knowledge at the moment, and one I'd very much like to fill. See my guide, linked in my sig, for details.

Legendaries are a indeed a deep bluish purple, but I'm not sure crafters, at least at low levels, can make them. Most reports of RE'ing purples have been no schematics, but I've heard whispers of people RE'ing purples and getting a better, but still artifact level purple, item.

This is the main gap in my reverse engineering knowledge at the moment, and one I'd very much like to fill. See my guide, linked in my sig, for details.

If I ever get information Slaign (I need to test a lot of things in the next days) I will let you know the outcome