Healing is fine, they said. Just gear up, they said.

Tathais

Nothing special, just AoE-whoring while getting completely ignored by the enemy team.

This won't work in Rateds as you will never be able to land the AoE and as anyone will move most of the time.

AoE healing accounts for the majority of it and actually, yes it does work in rated warzones, assuming you have competent tanks and dps that can peel people off your healers. It's not always the class, the player or the healer failing. Winning in ranked warzones is understanding the mechanics of what you're up against, how to counter them and how to maximize your advantage.

Edited by unixbomber

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the level 50 PvP, but it is telling to be joining the 10-49 PvP since 1.3 went live. Already up to about 1 game in 4 with either one or no healers (both sides) and trending towards 1 game in 3 in the near future, and I don't think that trend is going to slow down.

As I slowly level a healer that hits PvP off and on, I've definitely noticed that PvP healing is very iffy right now since 1.3. If we are up against augmented PvPers, many people die in the time it takes me to get off my 2 second cast...and I'm actually less use in the warzone than if I was just another DPS since I simply can't heal fast enough to keep people alive in that condition (which is close to 1/2 the warzones now).

Bioware can say what they want, but when the healers are deserting the warzones, something isn't going well with healing. I may be giving up on the warzones soon myself. Healing is already not a particularly exciting part of the game as it is...but to be a fifth wheel in almost 1/2 of them...why bother...

Also, average comms for a loss tonight appears to be around 40, not 80 like originally calculated. Just saying.

You have to make sure to get your 8 medals per game. Ones again we are back to the core of the issue: You lack the skill. I understand this is not the answer you're going for, seeing how defensive you are to all the replies, and to you it is easier if the class was broken.

Would you expect to play on the national team (insert random sport) from just practicing 1-2 hours, 2 days a week? Probably not, you would prolly be the suckest player who ever got on a national team. Same logic applies to this. You can't be lazy and expect the same results as the ppl that put in the work. And no, I am not talking about the gear, I am talking bout the experience to know how to act in situations and execute your role. It takes time, and you are not putting in the work.

You have to make sure to get your 8 medals per game. Ones again we are back to the core of the issue: You lack the skill. I understand this is not the answer you're going for, seeing how defensive you are to all the replies, and to you it is easier if the class was broken.

Would you expect to play on the national team (insert random sport) from just practicing 1-2 hours, 2 days a week? Probably not, you would prolly be the suckest player who ever got on a national team. Same logic applies to this. You can't be lazy and expect the same results as the ppl that put in the work. And no, I am not talking about the gear, I am talking bout the experience to know how to act in situations and execute your role. It takes time, and you are not putting in the work.

All right, you go ahead and tell me what I should do. I'm not getting my 8 medals, but I'm topping 300k healing in a game, the most healing on both sides including the winning team. I had a 500k game last night and still didn't get my 8 medals. I suppose I could start not healing people and start doing DPS instead, is that the answer? Should I stop assisting my team and go sit on an objective and noble sacrifice myself so I can boost my numbers instead of helping my team try to capture objectives and try to turn the match around?

You seem to have all the answers, why do you go ahead and tell me how my lack of skill can be overcome and I can get more medals in a match.

Oh, additionally, I wasn't aware PuG WZ was the equivalent of the national team in a sport. My mistake... how presumptuous of me to think that I should be able to play casual games a few days a week and have fun. What was I thinking!?

I've hit nearly 1.1mio in Alderaan a week after 1.2 came out (2 WH set pieces, other stuff BM, not even close to maxed out).

Nothing special, just AoE-whoring while getting completely ignored by the enemy team.

This won't work in Rateds as you will never be able to land the AoE and as anyone will move most of the time.

This is actually why I gave up on the full 31 point spec. I was sick and tired of having DPS running all over the place - even in voidstar - to fight people. I also hated feeling gimp offensively. Sometimes it's better to help burn someone down then heal that teammate.

I went to a 21 point innervate spec. I still (in a full warzone) put somewhere between 220 and 300k heals. I just also do 80-160k in damage as well.

Doesn't win me MVP votes but I am much happier with my own role.

I am flexible enough to spend more time DPSing if the team is well stocked on healing.

I work really well with a good healer who's not a sorc. If they are good, I can just focus on bubble maintenance, healing the healer, and then just DPSing more.

Edited by islander

This is actually why I gave up on the full 31 point spec. I was sick and tired of having DPS running all over the place - even in voidstar - to fight people.

I went to a 21 point innervate spec. I still (in a full warzone) put somewhere between 220 and 300k heals. I just also do 80-160k in damage as well.

I am flexible enough to spend more time DPSing if the team is well stocked on healing.

I work really well with a good healer who's not a sorc. If they are good, I can just focus on bubble maintenance, healing the healer, and then just DPSing more.

Works real good with a team of all strong DPS too because in a way your bringing 8 DPS as your spec makes you both.

All right, you go ahead and tell me what I should do. I'm not getting my 8 medals, but I'm topping 300k healing in a game, the most healing on both sides including the winning team. I had a 500k game last night and still didn't get my 8 medals. I suppose I could start not healing people and start doing DPS instead, is that the answer? Should I stop assisting my team and go sit on an objective and noble sacrifice myself so I can boost my numbers instead of helping my team try to capture objectives and try to turn the match around?

You seem to have all the answers, why do you go ahead and tell me how my lack of skill can be overcome and I can get more medals in a match.

Oh, additionally, I wasn't aware PuG WZ was the equivalent of the national team in a sport. My mistake... how presumptuous of me to think that I should be able to play casual games a few days a week and have fun. What was I thinking!?

See my post above.

Yes, you sound JUST like me about two weeks ago. Since my move to Fatman, I've been stuck solo queueing myself.

Outside of Huttball, it is difficult to be on the losing team and get 7-8 medals.

Maybe you should consider giving my spec a try. 21-7-13.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GhrRMd0zZf00MZcMcRk.2

edit: If you want less damage but more utility/survivability, do the ol' 21/20. I tried the 21/20, but ultimately I just find I enjoyed DPSing with channeled force lightning much better. I feel like I do considerably more DPS without having to rely on cast times to actually do damage. If you break off a force lightning midway (to get back to healing), you've still done some damage, plus the slow helps melee.

Edited by islander

Works real good with a team of all strong DPS too because in a way your bringing 8 DPS as your spec makes you both.

Indeed. In the rare situations for me where my DPS/team is very high quality so they aren't getting destroyed, I can literally do closer to 200/200 (with most of the 200 being bubbles). The flexibility of the spec is both a benefit and sometimes a curse. My inability to aoe heal is only a problem when I'm the only healer and the warzone is Voidstar or Novare.

Like I mentioned though, I am way (personally) happier playing now that I've switched to this. Maybe I'll change back to full heal when I get geared enough for rateds on my server and have a strong team. I wouldn't be against it. I just know that, right now, solo pugging, it's just not worth it. It's not fun when perhaps a third of your solo queues are stocked with bads. I mean really bads.

Edited by islander

Yes I'm a 21/20 myself and run it all off Benevolence so I hardly ever get interupted. See the same numbers as you with as high as 400K heals and 200K damage in Voidstar or in a Civil War where center stays uncapped. Solid 300k heals 125k damage most games. Lows 75k damage, 200k heals when over focused.

Like you said It's definatly a curse more often than I'd want but also more fun than pure heals. Not viable for rateds unfortunatly where specializing is key.

Roll DPS, try to kill a Guarded Operative healer then tell me if healing is useless.

It's not, you just have to work together with tanks.

Exactly, I have full BM and partial WH on my merc healer, without a tank I am pretty much healing myself otherwise I am fish bait. I've said this before.

o when I roll tank, I ask for healers present and then I guard/taunt for them.

o which I roll heals, I ask for tanks present.

o when I roll dps, I ask for heals so I can help dps their attackers. I gave up trying to dps enemy healers in pugs since at most it will be me and one other guy on them and 75% of the time it will just be me. Even when I have marked a healer and I am attacking it, I will see peope 1v1 all around me.

Yes I'm a 21/20 myself and run it all off Benevolence so I hardly ever get interupted. See the same numbers as you with as high as 400K heals and 200K damage in Voidstar or in a Civil War where center stays uncapped. Solid 300k heals 125k damage most games. Lows 75k damage, 200k heals when over focused.

Like you said It's definatly a curse more often than I'd want but also more fun than pure heals. Not viable for rateds unfortunatly where specializing is key.

It's funny, I actually edited in the 21/20 as a more utility based option. I tried it, just like the feel of my bastardized spec better. If it's not viable for rateds, that's okay. I can revert back when I'm geared enough for those. I'm just at 1170 exp right now, still playing catch up from a dead, dead origin server.

Oh, and speaking of overfocused. I had a warzone last night where I was constantly double ganked by stelath operatives. It was kinda funny at the end, I stopped getting mad after the third time when I knew there was literally nothing I could do about it :)

Edited by islander

This is actually why I gave up on the full 31 point spec. I was sick and tired of having DPS running all over the place - even in voidstar - to fight people. I also hated feeling gimp offensively. Sometimes it's better to help burn someone down then heal that teammate.

I appreciate the advice, but you have to admit... it's goofy that to get max medals I have to not do my job. I'm a healer, I'm there to heal and assist my team but instead the solution appears to be to spec into damage and do some of that to pad out my score.

Logically, shouldn't it be more effective for me to just heal and try to keep DPS alive?

Anyway, reality is what it is, but you see what I'm getting at, right? I did try the 21/20/0 spec for about two weeks... the damage felt awkard and my heals were less effective, though not that much. The spec you suggest gives up all the utility of 21/20/0 to get damage... it seems a gimicky way to get medals, but perhaps I'll give it a try.

That response was mostly to that guy suggesting it's lack of skill that has me with low medals... those people are frustrating because I would bet that person's never healed a match in their life. Healing just seems to generate low medals unless you're DPS'ing too.

That's why regardless if people complain the bubble mezz raises resolves I keep it.. when they pop on me I get to mezz them all. :)

Also not sure if you intended it but your Marauder's name means Emperor in greek.

It's intended. I came up with it in SWG years ago from an internet translation site. I wanted something different that people wouldnt figure out, and it was somewhat difficult to send hate tells to as I was one of the earliest Jedi on my server.

My legacy name is Erimosi, which I believe roughly translates to Devastator, or something like that.

I appreciate the advice, but you have to admit... it's goofy that to get max medals I have to not do my job. I'm a healer, I'm there to heal and assist my team but instead the solution appears to be to spec into damage and do some of that to pad out my score.

Logically, shouldn't it be more effective for me to just heal and try to keep DPS alive?

Anyway, reality is what it is, but you see what I'm getting at, right? I did try the 21/20/0 spec for about two weeks... the damage felt awkard and my heals were less effective, though not that much. The spec you suggest gives up all the utility of 21/20/0 to get damage... it seems a gimicky way to get medals, but perhaps I'll give it a try.

That response was mostly to that guy suggesting it's lack of skill that has me with low medals... those people are frustrating because I would bet that person's never healed a match in their life. Healing just seems to generate low medals unless you're DPS'ing too.

Yes, I know what you are saying. I'm only suggesting that you do what you have the most fun with. The system isn't changing.

In Huttball and Voidstar it's not too difficult to get 7-8 medals by just healing. Honestly, when I was full heals it was STILL my secondary objective to get 75k damage done. I just used affliction, mostly.

In the 21/20 my damage also felt awkward. I mentioned above why I switched to my gimmick spec. force lightning 100% uptime is far more smooth and allows you the flexibility to cut it off instantly to get back to your primary job. The only offense you should ever use with my spec is lightning, shock, and death field if you are sure you can drop it on three enemies. it's instacast. Maybe affliction if your force pool is in good shape.

One of the benefits of force lightning is in my spec its zero cost dps. The spec also gives you a crit rate of around 45-48% with it - and it's far less clunky feeling.

You do/will miss the cc utility though, no lying about that.

Edited by islander

translates to desolation :)

Oh and for Tathais try the extra range on Disturbance and just pegging people from 35 range out. They can't jump to you and snipers have to actually get out of cover to get in range. Always makes me giggle.

Edited by LancelotOC

translates to desolation :)

bah, the webster's dictionary translaor mentions that too, gives a couple different options: desolation, dereliction, havoc, devastation

I'm not Greek though, just borrowed the names :csw_guard:

OK, back to QQing about sorc/sage healing in 3....2....1.....

20 pages of thread, a little derailing never hurt anything...

Plus that guy who was arguing with me about whether or not I could die in a 4s stun never came back. I assume he agrees with me, so /thread.

Greek names, eh?

I do think there are some balance issues but most of the problems come from the way people play. If you a range DPS with a melee wingman, healer paired with a tank you'll be fine. Sure cc is a huge issue either way because of the length combined damage amounts. But buddying up makes it feel a bit more balanced.

20 pages of thread, a little derailing never hurt anything...

Plus that guy who was arguing with me about whether or not I could die in a 4s stun never came back. I assume he agrees with me, so /thread.

Greek names, eh?

I've never died in full health from a four second stun as a healer...but i understand your point. Even 2 v 1 i'll last a little while before I go down unless they burst the living crap outta me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.