Misleading information about some classes

DarthAgonny

Do you have any skill that works like this?

Hello, here's a combat sentinel and i was wondering wether or not you get this sad feeling that even when your best attack should be uninterruptible it can be pushed back by any class cancelling it in the process.

I wonder what bioware means by ininterruptible or with some words that actually are not what they actually say, because this skill can easily be stopped by bounty hunters, agents and Inquisitors (and republic mirrors) wich is kinda misleading since this should not be suppossed to be cancelled.

It's even worrying when you see that whenever you cast master strike it gives you a buff for the duration of the skill named UNSHAKEABLE if im not mistaken and in the description it says this attack cannot be interrupted, pretty much like any BOSS NPC with whom your spells wont work at all, but somehow it does not work properly or the description is misleading again.

All i want is a claryfication or a confirmation that this is a bug or a misleading buff.

In order to follow the general conversation, do you have any skill in your class that seems misleading or bugged?

TL;DR.Master Strike casts a buff that makes it ininterruptible, nevertheless it can be interrupted by pushbacks, does your class has one of this strange "things?.

Edited by DarthAgonny

its just like the 3 charge lightning from sin tanks, cant interrupt it but you can sure knock them back to stop it.

i have a shadow tank and don't know what you are talking about. do you mean the rocks/lighting that grants you extra defense rating? or do you mean force potency (skill that grants a critical strike for each force attack you use).

You just have to learn when you can and can't use channeled attacks and not be interrupted. I take my time with my attacks and wait for them to knock me back then hit the channel attack. It's all a part of strategy when fighting and I enjoy that part.

Uninterruptable means an interrupt ability, like the Sith Warrior's Disruption, can't be used to stop the channel. You don't get the boss Unshakable buff which makes you immune to all control effects, the ability just can't be interrupted, but you can be CCed which would stop the channel.

If you move or are CCed the channel is stopped, so any abilities that move or CC you will stop the channel, but interrupt abilities don't work on the channel.

Edited by MaximusRex

Uninterruptable means an interrupt ability, like the Sith Warrior's Disruption, can't be used to stop the channel. You don't get the boss Unshakable buff which makes you immune to all control effects, the ability just can't be interrupted, but you can be CCed which would stop the channel.

If you move or are CCed the channel is stopped, so any abilities that move or CC you will stop the channel, but interrupt abilities don't work on the channel.

actually you get the unshakeable buff :rak_02: that's why im confused about it.

I agree with the OP. Abilities such as 3x Harnessed Shadows for Shadow tanks and Harnessed Darkness for Assassin tanks also make Telekinetic Throw/Force Lightning "uninterruptible" but that's merely a piddly protection against certain specific interrupts. IMO it should also give stun/knockback protection for the full duration (3 secs) of the attack

Do you have any skill that works like this?

Hello, here's a combat sentinel and i was wondering wether or not you get this sad feeling that even when your best attack should be uninterruptible it can be pushed back by any class cancelling it in the process.

I wonder what bioware means by ininterruptible or with some words that actually are not what they actually say, because this skill can easily be stopped by bounty hunters, agents and Inquisitors (and republic mirrors) wich is kinda misleading since this should not be suppossed to be cancelled.

It's even worrying when you see that whenever you cast master strike it gives you a buff for the duration of the skill named UNSHAKEABLE if im not mistaken and in the description it says this attack cannot be interrupted, pretty much like any BOSS NPC with whom your spells wont work at all, but somehow it does not work properly or the description is misleading again.

All i want is a claryfication or a confirmation that this is a bug or a misleading buff.

In order to follow the general conversation, do you have any skill in your class that seems misleading or bugged?

TL;DR.Master Strike casts a buff that makes it ininterruptible, nevertheless it can be interrupted by pushbacks, does your class has one of this strange "things?.

I get sad because NONE of my attacks get to be 'un-interruptable' whether by actual interrupts or other abilities that have a side-effect of interrupting casts (KBs, pulls and stuns)

Does that count?

The reason why bosses can't be interrupted by knockback effects and what not is not because of Unshakable but because of Boss Immunity which makes them immune to all CC and knockback effects. Unshakable by itself doesn't help against CC and knockback and only makes it so that your activation/channeled ability doesn't get affected by skills that specifically say they interrupt an action.

i have a shadow tank and don't know what you are talking about. do you mean the rocks/lighting that grants you extra defense rating? or do you mean force potency (skill that grants a critical strike for each force attack you use).

i mean force lightning when you have 3 charges of harnessed darkness. even though it cant be interupted you can be knocked back which stops the cast.

Edited by Tiek