Getting social points?

TyrKartelos

Yes, but where the point is to maximize social points, part of that includes using social boosts to double the number of points you get for each conversation response. And if you spacebar through the convos, and run past the mobs instead of killing them all, you can do several runs on a single one-hour boost, especially if you just go right back in after you finish, rather than having to re-form a whole new group for each run.

Spacebarring through convos will not affect the length of time your social boost will last, as the timer is put on hold during cutscenes. Don't believe me? Try it out yourself.

Absolute truth, boosts freeze during conversations.

(And thank you for mentioning social boosts, folks! I haven't noticed those before on GTN, I should look harder. I want my Party-Time title).

In my experience, getting into ops is the best way to get social points. It took me five or six BT runs to get to Social 2, but I already was Social 4 after five or six weekly ops runs.

You're confusing social runs with speed runs, which is understandable since the two overlap.

A speed run is a run through a flashpoint in which (as the name suggests) speed is the goal. And part of obtaining that speed is, of course, spacebaring through conversations.

A social run is a run where the goal isn't experience points or gear. Social runs are usually speed runs, but it's possible to have one that isn't.

Way to thread-necro. The person you are replying to hasn't had a single post to the forums in 2 years.

Replying to someone who no longer plays the game is rather silly don't you think?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...