Crippling throw? pfft, hardly

ReithKanaka

As a combat specced sentinel since the beginning i have to say that despite the extra 3 seconds on immobilize this ability is really nothing better then a spare leap.

Really, if its going to to be Crippling Throw the healing done should be reducing all healing by 50-% 100% and the trauma lasting 8-10 seconds. Otherwise what is so damn crippling about this throw? Its basically a "tag your it" move.

It doesn't shut down a target from being healed inside pvp, does this have any use in pve?. its effect outside of immobilize target is non existent when you have a healer in war zone.

I'm obviously not arguing that this move should be another dispatch or blade storm. Neither am i advocating that we be a focus spec where the force sweep does 4k+ damage to every target around us, Which totally makes the Dispatch/Blade storm silly in comparison to smash/force sweep crit ability (yes I'm slightly jealous on that point.)

What I'm say'en here is that combat needs to be as viable as other trees in our Jedi advanced class. This would be a good place to start. Hell this ability alone in the Combat tree would make it a lot more worth while.

You clearly confuse the lack of utility of a move with the ability to play a game mode. I would argue about your inane comment and how you could have even said I don't eat enough Wheaties at all but I'm not going to derail my own thread any further. Edited by ReithKanaka

You clearly confuse the lack of utility of a move with the ability to play a game mode. I would argue about your inane comment and how you could have even said I don't eat enough Wheaties at all but I'm not going to derail my own thread any further.

You clearly don't understand the word utility.

20% healing debuff for 15 sec is quite huge tbh. Also in combat when you get a 3 sec root on it (which is not affected by resolve) gives the ability quite some utility.

If you fail to understand that; I'm sorry that i can't help you any further. perpaps you should try out the other class that has a healing debuff & root in one. Oh wait... there is no other class that has this

20% healing debuff is negligible sorry, it just is. You can be in denial all you want. Your mistaken by assuming i have a problem with the class. its the description of the ability. Your failing hard here.

Can you point me at another class that has a better/similar ability? 20% Healing debuff is enormous. Ask the healers. In fact, it's THIS ability that lets sents burn healers away so fast, where other classes struggle.

20% healing debuff is negligible sorry, it just is. You can be in denial all you want. Your mistaken by assuming i have a problem with the class. its the description of the ability. Your failing hard here.

So just because it's called crippling throw it should be an epic 'I win' move? There are tons of abilities in this game that sound cooler than they really are, this is not one of them. Also since in combat crippling throw actually cripples a target for 3 secs, I do not see the problem in the description.

And 20% debuff on top of the 30% that comes from the trauma debuff is quite huge. Do the math. 5K heal becomes 2.5k instead of 3.5K (that's 1K healing you miss for 1 ability)

Ooh, and it's *You're failing hard

Edited by Stealios

It makes me sick to see people use your, you're/you are, incorrectly. Especially when they are trying to say someone else fails. English! Do you speak it! On another note, the most crippling blow you can land is to kill the healer. Maybe you could even use crippling throw to keep that healer rooted after force leap's immobilization wears. Decrease his self healing capability? Yea you know, cripple him with YOUR throwing ability. What should we name such an ability? That is right kids YOU ARE correct it's Crippling Throw! Edited by Hayabusasan
Cause

So just because it's called crippling throw it should be an epic 'I win' move? There are tons of abilities in this game that sound cooler than they really are, this is not one of them.

If you actually read the first post this isn't about making it do anymore damage. Its about actually negating a targets health despite healing done. Have you guys actually fought against rated healers? By what I'm seeing i have to say you have no idea or you may be a healer yourself and want to continue this undead healer face roll that we have. The fact that it take multiple DD to take down an OP without a tank nearby is ridiculous. I'm sorry but with this gear tailored to pvp already took away the "skill" and the "L2P" people want to talk.

As of right we've seen heals that throw out number greater then dps power techs or sentinel. So whether or not i 4k crit on blade storm and 3.9 with the follow up Dispatch we see healing throwing out greater heals that lets them face-roll tank themselves.

If you actually read the first post this isn't about making it do anymore damage. Its about actually negating a targets health despite healing done. Have you guys actually fought against rated healers? By what I'm seeing i have to say you have no idea or you may be a healer yourself and want to continue this undead healer face roll that we have. The fact that it take multiple DD to take down an OP without a tank nearby is ridiculous. I'm sorry but with this gear tailored to pvp already took away the "skill" and the "L2P" people want to talk.

As of right we've seen heals that throw out number greater then dps power techs or sentinel. So whether or not i 4k crit on blade storm and 3.9 with the follow up Dispatch we see healing throwing out greater heals that lets them face-roll tank themselves.

I did read your post, and never did i mention anything about damage. But you're suggesting a 50%-100% healing debuff, which imo is an 'I win' button.

Yes, I fought against rated healers and in combat spec I can take them out as long as there's no guard on them or tank taunting me.

If you can't kill them maybe you need to l2p and learn how to use your other 30 skills as sentinel.

Also as it is atm, a good healer dies as quick as a good dps. The only reason why a healer is face-roll tanking is because the people that try to kill him are bad

thats correct mate. next time use your crippling throw to assist your DPS company downing the healers. Its the first step to take.

The rest, thats what the forum is for.

glad to be of help.

You clearly confuse the lack of utility of a move with the ability to play a game mode. I would argue about your inane comment and how you could have even said I don't eat enough Wheaties at all but I'm not going to derail my own thread any further.

Touched a nerve, eh?

If you aren't using crippling throw in pvp, you aren't doing it right. I use it against almost everyone I fight against, save the people who don't have a healer/self heal.

Facing a marauder? Crippling throw. His self heals are reduced by 20%. You survived.

Facing a tankasin? Crippling throw.

A healer? Crippling throw should be up at all times.

IMO it was one of our most useful abilities. Add in the fact you can spec into a root for it? Wow.

I'll second the belief that Crippling Throw is not strong enough to justify the focus cost. Any of the following changes would help

- Increase the damage

- Make the debuff 25%, and having it be both incoming healing and outgoing healing.

The ability is very nice for the root though, when talented.