Profitability?

lordbard

Hi all - just returned to the game, tossed my companions out on slicing missions for lockboxes, and realized I'm not really making any money.

What should I be doing, 400 slicing, for profitability? Only the rich lockboxes for cash?

Hi all - just returned to the game, tossed my companions out on slicing missions for lockboxes, and realized I'm not really making any money.

What should I be doing, 400 slicing, for profitability? Only the rich lockboxes for cash?

Not necessary. Each mission have "result estimaion": Moderate < abundant < bountiful < rich

If you want some profit, pick only bountiful and rich missions. However, profit won't be great (it had been nerfed long ago).

Also, if you want make real money on slicing, try to gather slicing nods: you won't have to pay for results. And level 5-6 box brings about 1,500 credits!

Have fun!

Also, if you want make real money on slicing, try to gather slicing nods: you won't have to pay for results. And level 5-6 box brings about 1,500 credits!

ever hear "time equals money"? Running around for nodes is not necessarily the best time/credits ratio; sometimes it pays to just send your companions on missions and you do something else (dailies, FPs, etc).

Most people would say slicing gives you ''valuable'' schematics (when you choose lockboxes) to sell on the GTN. I have run about 16 concurrent 400 slicing missions across multiple characters at the same time. I can tell you right now - running them constantly (as much as im able to as i do have to work/sleep) provides me with huge quantities of schematics yes.

Schematics that are only valuable to a vendor. Those blue schematics that are for custom gear? Yeah even those are worthless. The only valuable schematics right now, are the brand new ones from 1.3. And even those will plummet in value pretty quick.

No, ive made my fortune on selling the tech parts. Only reason i run lockbox missions at all, isnt to get money - rather to use up crew mission slots instead of only having 2/3 missions per alt running. That and to add various schematics to my crafters.

Get your companions to 10k affection and run the grade 6 yellow missions for tech parts. You'll average 3,600 credit cost for Advanced Neural Augmentors which you can sell for easily over 20k on the GTN. Sell them in stacks / multiples of 4 to maximize convenience for buyers. You can also sell the Subelectronic Data Modules for at least cost.

Also run the Grade 5 Rich lockbox and Grade 6 Abundant lockbox missions. They are slightly profitable on their own (over time) and will frequently produce mission discoveries that you can use or sell.

It's critically important to have the pets you're running these missions with at 10k affection.

Edited by DarthTHC

Schematics that are only valuable to a vendor. Those blue schematics that are for custom gear? Yeah even those are worthless. The only valuable schematics right now, are the brand new ones from 1.3. And even those will plummet in value pretty quick.

Are you sure you're a slicer? Slicing doesn't give you any of those schematics. Only schematics from slicing are ship parts and speeders. (though I'll admit, they aren't all THAT profitable)

Real profit from slicing comes from purple augment mats & mission discoveries.

Are you sure you're a slicer? Slicing doesn't give you any of those schematics. Only schematics from slicing are ship parts and speeders. (though I'll admit, they aren't all THAT profitable)

Real profit from slicing comes from purple augment mats & mission discoveries.

Umm yes it does? All my crafters now have every single 400 augment schematic, along with a handful of custom schematics as well.

Get your companions to 10k affection and run the grade 6 yellow missions for tech parts. You'll average 3,600 credit cost for Advanced Neural Augmentors which you can sell for easily over 20k on the GTN. Sell them in stacks / multiples of 4 to maximize convenience for buyers. You can also sell the Subelectronic Data Modules for at least cost.

Also run the Grade 5 Rich lockbox and Grade 6 Abundant lockbox missions. They are slightly profitable on their own (over time) and will frequently produce mission discoveries that you can use or sell.

It's critically important to have the pets you're running these missions with at 10k affection.

Not quite true. It is only important if you value time, as affection does not affect how successful they are. It only affects their failure rate (i cannot provide evidence of this) and a really small amount of time saving.

The purple component for augment are sold for 40K/each currently on my server.

Who said you can't make money with slicing since 1.3 ?

Just stop doing boxes, and start selling purples components. Or make your own augment, and sell them, you can make a lot of money doing so.

Not quite true. It is only important if you value time, as affection does not affect how successful they are. It only affects their failure rate (i cannot provide evidence of this) and a really small amount of time saving.

10k affection adds 5% crit chance.

10k affection adds 5% crit chance.

Yes, even the developers confirmed about the +1% crit chance for every 10k affections. +5% doesn't seem a lot but over the course of 1000 missions, that's an average of 50 more critical successes. With 5 companions, that's 250. With many alts, that's "a lot".

If you know what you're doing with your slicing, you can make millions of credits with little time and effort.

Lockboxes add a steady if small profit over time, no matter the affection of the character. Sometimes you make a loss, sometimes you gain, usually in the realm of a few hundred creds if you are doing the tier 5 and 6 missions. But the crit boxes net you a few 1000 credits profit, and the mission discoveries can be sold for a lot on the GTN - or used on your crafter.

ever hear "time equals money"? Running around for nodes is not necessarily the best time/credits ratio; sometimes it pays to just send your companions on missions and you do something else (dailies, FPs, etc).

No, never heard of this!

Just kidding. Sure I did. All in all everything in game is only time equivalent. Mount that cost 1,5 million is desirable only because you have to some time to collect money for it. If 1,5 million would drop from the nearest monster such mount would not cost anything.

You want to find a most profitable way. Well, let's compare! Each lockbox mission lasts 25-30 minutes. It cost 1,500 - 3,000 credits and can bring you 1,500 - 4,000 (if crited) and 0 if failed. Overal is 100-200 per box (my subjective estimation). Yeah, nice profit for 30 minutes.

When you gather a node you receive same 1,500 - 4,000 credits with no expenses except time.

Here we have a problem. if you're on low population server, as I am in, you can look BH, correlia and other high level planets for boxes. This gives me around 75,000 credits, i.e. from around 40 lockboxes, for the 2 round trips on BH (excluding money from chests that are around 20,000 credits for 10 of them there), drop money, trash and loot. Total time spent (with quests) is around 40 minutes.

However, if you're on high populated server, you won't receive as much. The only way then is to sell missions (from crits of lockboxes missions) and recepies (from tech crits missions). I cannot say exectly, but if you're lucky, you can get even more (especialy if you don't like gathering nodes).

So, I would correct my answer: node grind is the best way for gathering money on low populated server and profit from selling mission/recepies is best way on high population server.

False. If you read the tips during planetary loading screens, one of the tips says that companion affection affects the speed, efficiency and results (higher Affection = extra crit chance). This is a fact.