Why is Force Lightning purple?

Galbatorrix

What I want to know is why can't we customize our lightning color? give me a slot to insert a color crystal so I can have whatever color lightning I want just like a lightsaber. imagine blue lightning with a black core. epic. :rak_03:

I could get behind that, but what about Dooku?

blue is not purple.

@OP game mecanics is not in any way canon. Only the novels sorounding the game.

Thats why you see in this game sith looking like predator, jedi like space samurai and

you open thre door in space to land(in the real star wars universe they land from the cockpit)

And many more examples....

What I want to know is why can't we customize our lightning color? give me a slot to insert a color crystal so I can have whatever color lightning I want just like a lightsaber. imagine blue lightning with a black core. epic. :rak_03:

Dude...that would rock! Only at the same time...Magenta Lightning.

Good god the lore freaks would cry murder if this were to happen. We just got our color alignment restrictions lifted. Maybe we should wait a bit longer for this.

The crystal suggestion is a good idea - when I played Champions Online you could custom colour your powers and just about every bit of your character's costume. Sadly, Bioware went for a super-duper game engine where you can't do things that were commonplace 4 or 5 years ago. It'll never happen.

Or we could go with something simpler. Excepting the instances cited already, "blue" tends to be sort of equated with Good in Star Wars, so purple is a more appropriate color than blue is. Yes, I'm aware that Mace Windu had a purple saber, but the fact still stands that purple is a little bit better of a choice in terms of good/evil than blue is.

Personally, I prefer blue, myself, as well.

You know what'd be REALLY cool? Blue if you were light aligned, red if you were dark aligned. Maybe purple of you were neutral.

Might have some copyright problems with inFAMOUS though.

Because Sages would have even more complain. They already don't like that their graphic for the attack is pebbles and such... letting Inq's tailor there's to different colors would be even less fair.

Because Sages would have even more complain. They already don't like that their graphic for the attack is pebbles and such... letting Inq's tailor there's to different colors would be even less fair.

meh, i play a sage and I don't really care.

meh, i play a sage and I don't really care.

With what people are crying on the forums about these days... it wouldn't matter if your voice was in the Majority... there would still be massive tears from some group spamming the forums of how unfair it is.

Edited by Lostpenguins

Yes, as someone who also plays a Sage I wouldn't be bothered if Force Lightning colours could be changed either.

same.

but in the spirit of making changes equal, if sorcs can change lightning color... perhaps we sages can opt to add chunks of grass to our rocks?

• 1 year later...

I think customizing the color of the lightning would be going too far, but I agree that the lightning should be blue. I mean it's blue in the trailers too, so why not in the game!?

The idea of the color reflecting on your alignment is good though, but why not take it a step further? Since jedi and sith classes are pretty much identical (apart from visuals), why not add a toggle to allow a light siths powers turn into jedi powers and a dark jedi's to look like a siths? Just put up a specific level to reach, or even max out an alignment to unlock the toggle. This way, there would actually be some cool reward for going entirely dark-/lightside

According to actual Lore:

While most Force Lightning manifested itself as blue, it could appear in several hues, though whether or not the color is distinctive was unclear. For example, Palpatine, Darth Bane and Darth Nox had all used purple lightning. The Hidden One used white. Talzin and Mother were seen using green. Dark side users like Darth Desolous, Darth Tenebrous, Son and Luke Skywalker were seen wielding red. Jaina Solo also used a highly unusual color variant, in the form of black.

In a nutshell, while typically blue, Force Lighting come in far more variety of colors.

Now I'm certain they went with purple because it's more iconic to the Sith way of "Sith Right to Rule" and purple being a color of Royalty made more sense.

But if you lot are really going to piss and moan about it, suggest linking the Lightning color to the offhand Focus color crystal. It's not like Sorcs are really using their sabers anyway.