I'm sick and tired of being shot at through walls

This glitch or w/e you wanna call it happens all the time in pvp and pve making it impossible to ever truly find cover when needed. What exactly is the point of having all these big objects spread all over the map if enemies can still unload on you through a giant crate or giant boulder?

This glitch or w/e you wanna call it happens all the time in pvp and pve making it impossible to ever truly find cover when needed. What exactly is the point of having all these big objects spread all over the map if enemies can still unload on you through a giant crate or giant boulder?

I agree. If you can't walk through them, the NPC shouldn't be able to shoot through them. Especially if I get getting the message "Can't see target". If I can't see them, which I can, BTW, why should they be able to shoot me?

I agree. If you can't walk through them, the NPC shouldn't be able to shoot through them. Especially if I get getting the message "Can't see target". If I can't see them, which I can, BTW, why should they be able to shoot me?

They do that too. I have seen a lot of places where the mobs come through the walls. LOS issues all the time too. I get that message during the 4 man Black Hole quest because of a couch. It's a couch. Mob is standing behind it, not even ducking. How can I not see him? lol

Equally annoying is the "knock them *inside* an object" like a column or a tree where they can still shoot you but you get that "cannot see" message, though AOE attacks, like the flamethrower, still damage them.

I've found that if you back up far enough, they'll usually emerge from the object, trying to get close enough to attack you.

happens all the time in pvp and pve making it impossible to ever truly find cover when needed. What exactly is the point of having all these big objects spread all over the map if enemies can still unload on you through a giant crate or giant boulder?

Its not a bug - its what the geniuses who design and build (MMO) role playing games these days call a feature.

You know - there is no collision calculation. None at all. They can't be bothered to do it. Mob can see you at the beginning of its action - monster can shoot you, for however long the action goes.

That's what goes for "realistic simulation" in RPG programmer circles. If these guys were programming Battlefield, they would be laughed out of the market. Same applies to weapon ranges (30 meters... beyond ridiculous). The computer RPG genre has split from the rest of the civilized game programming world roughly 2-3 decades ago, and has not evolved much except for graphical detail since.

Welcome back to the eighties. Below all that graphic fluff there are still Gary Gygax' magical tables from the first AD&D edition, somewhere. Its all essentially decided by a few virtual dice throws and a handful tables. The rest is window dressing.

Edited by ClavisN

They do that too. I have seen a lot of places where the mobs come through the walls. LOS issues all the time too. I get that message during the 4 man Black Hole quest because of a couch. It's a couch. Mob is standing behind it, not even ducking. How can I not see him? lol
Hahahahah, that sounds strangely familiar.

-BUT...BUT....HE'S RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!