Gunslinger hybrid?

Talsyrius

Have been playing around with this spec, and it works surprisingly well, am I missing something, or why don't more people use it? Slightly longer build up time then normal dirty fighting, but much higher burst due to another dot+contingency charges...

For pve purposes (hm denova and other operations) it is a really good spec, right up there with pure df. Although i would go with http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700GbbkrMhdZrI0bRoZb.2

That 8% extra crit on dots really is noticeable on your energy recovery. Also you won't really use blaster whip, some extra alacrity is marginally more useful.

For pvp it's prorably lackluster if you are playing against competent players (so still decent enough for unranked wz's pbly). But in any higher lvl of pvp by the time you finish applying all your dots (lets add flourish shot also for good measure), your dots will be cleaned = your wounding shot wont do much and your out of energy since most of your energy recovery = your dot crits. Also imho the biggest issue in pvp is the fact that main idea behind your energy recovery is the opposite of your objective as dps (same applies to df). You get more energy back the more your dots crit, which also means that your target is still alive.

Edited by Kiisu

What I have been using is shock charge, Sharp bomb, vital shot, flurry of bolts, and if its a healer sabo charge for etra burst, then wounding shots, speed shot, flurry of boltsx2, then wounding shots. As far as the energy recovery from less crits on dotts goes, I think that is entirely made up by the extra dot that only cost 16 energy to apply (single target).

What I have been using is shock charge, Sharp bomb, vital shot, flurry of bolts, and if its a healer sabo charge for etra burst, then wounding shots, speed shot, flurry of boltsx2, then wounding shots. As far as the energy recovery from less crits on dotts goes, I think that is entirely made up by the extra dot that only cost 16 energy to apply (single target).

Shock charge doesnt count for fighting spirit and im pretty sure not for black market equipment either.

Have been playing around with this spec, and it works surprisingly well, am I missing something, or why don't more people use it? Slightly longer build up time then normal dirty fighting, but much higher burst due to another dot+contingency charges...

i guess if it works for you good. For pvp i think you are spreading yourself thin and not picking up the strong points of DF.

DF relies on its dots to do the damage... along with wounding shot.

you are banking on some weaker dot damage and upping your sab charge damage.

hemorrage blast is really important for your dot damage.

again, its what works for you though. If you do well with it you stick with it.

Edited by Safgril

For pve purposes (hm denova and other operations) it is a really good spec, right up there with pure df. Although i would go with http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700GbbkrMhdZrI0bRoZb.2

That 8% extra crit on dots really is noticeable on your energy recovery. Also you won't really use blaster whip, some extra alacrity is marginally more useful.

For pvp it's prorably lackluster if you are playing against competent players (so still decent enough for unranked wz's pbly). But in any higher lvl of pvp by the time you finish applying all your dots (lets add flourish shot also for good measure), your dots will be cleaned = your wounding shot wont do much and your out of energy since most of your energy recovery = your dot crits. Also imho the biggest issue in pvp is the fact that main idea behind your energy recovery is the opposite of your objective as dps (same applies to df). You get more energy back the more your dots crit, which also means that your target is still alive.

I used this exact spec for a couple days. As long as there aren't any crafty healers cleansing, it definitely works well- I was pulling some good numbers at the end of WZes. Despite that, I'm not 100% sure I can recommend this over DF or SS (what I run), simply because of energy management. Shock charge is a neat ability but I'm 99% sure it doesn't proc fighting spirit (not counting as a "bleed" effect), making your energy management that much harder. When I wanted maximum burst, my rotation was something like this:

Vital Shot -> Shrap Bomb -> Shock Charge -> Sab Charge -> Wounding Shots -> Speed Shot

So it took you about 6 seconds to get to the real "bursty" part of the rotation, which was Wounding Shots with the initial sab charge detonation + 4 contingency charges. The damage is great but the ramp-up time to get there is also very long. And, because shock charge doesn't proc fighting spirit, you can see a pretty big energy deficit after you do the full rotation.

Even so, it was a lot of fun. It's unique and the wounding shot + sab charge/contingency charge combo is pretty addictive. If someone really put their mind to it, I'm certain they could run the spec better than I did- I was only trying it "for fun." Just watch that energy, and make sure you pick targets that aren't liable to be melted in seconds by the rest of your team :)

i guess if it works for you good. For pvp i think you are spreading yourself thin and not picking up the strong points of DF.

DF relies on its dots to do the damage... along with wounding shot.

you are banking on some weaker dot damage and upping your sab charge damage.

hemorrage blast is really important for your dot damage.

again, its what works for you though. If you do well with it you stick with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the dot damage is mainly fluff, the "real" damage comes from cull and speed shot, no? :S

Try only adding your two dotts to one person and see how fast they go down. Imo, not nearly fast enough.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the dot damage is mainly fluff, the "real" damage comes from cull and speed shot, no? :S

Try only adding your two dotts to one person and see how fast they go down. Imo, not nearly fast enough.

PvP - partly true, cause your DOTs often don't last the full length. However, Shrap Bomb thrown into a group will do a lot of damage.

PvE - not true. My log parses show roughly this distribution:

Wounding Shots: 33%

Vital Shot and Shrap Bomb: 17% each

Speed Shot: 13%.

PvP - partly true, cause your DOTs often don't last the full length. However, Shrap Bomb thrown into a group will do a lot of damage.

PvE - not true. My log parses show roughly this distribution:

Wounding Shots: 33%

Vital Shot and Shrap Bomb: 17% each

Speed Shot: 13%.

I meant purely for pvp, not sure if I said that though :D

However you are correct that there is no "fluff" damage in pve, because mobs/bosses usually don't heal themselves up to full health if you don't damage them fast enough.

To clarify, by "fluff" damage that is dealt to someone who either through meditation or healing go back to full health without dieing, rendering all damage dealt in between pointless.

Edited by Talsyrius