The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard Scream

Straiya

My wife and I noticed that her female vanguard will scream at times during combat. We're not quite positive what that scream is associated with, the proc'ing of something or the stacking of some buff. I have tried to search for the answer but cannot seem to come up with anything. What does the scream mean? Any help is greatly appreciated.

My wife and I noticed that her female vanguard will scream at times during combat. We're not quite positive what that scream is associated with, the proc'ing of something or the stacking of some buff. I have tried to search for the answer but cannot seem to come up with anything. What does the scream mean? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Several classes are known to grunt, shout or giggle - this usually occurs when a proc activates. And it's pretty inconsistent between mirrors.

Several classes are known to grunt, shout or giggle - this usually occurs when a proc activates. And it's pretty inconsistent between mirrors.

Yeah, I've especially noticed the giggle on other classes. We thought it might be associated with a proc of power screen, or maybe static surge finishing the cooldown on stockstrike, but weren't sure due to some inconsistency. I figured the forums would be the best place to confirm whether it was that or some other proc altogether.

Edited by Straiya

• 1 month later...

I have a male body type 3 cyborg trooper...and he unfortunately does not giggle/grunt or do any of the proper animation/sound effects with his procs. Assault spec. Should have a giggle on reset of high impact proc.

Anyone else have this issue?

It kind of bugs the hell out of me not to have it sound off - I have to constantly be looking at my tiny buff bar... annoying.

Your character will also scream if they take a critical hit. Though, it's more of an "Ughh!"