Star Wars Play-by-Post Roleplaying

Mando

I'm a bit sad to see the Roleplaying section on this site is dying out... And I love to RP! Have been doing it for years, and I want to get together other people like me who love it also. Is there anyone else who wants a good group of Star Wars RPers, to do some play-by-post RPing? I'm not sure, maybe I'm the only one, but if anyone is interested, even just 4 or 5 people, I would be willing to start up our own website where we can do some good RPing. It'd be the same time set as SWTOR, so you all can keep the same characters. I can handle everything if I just get a few determined people. Is anyone interested? Or am I all alone in my strange obsession...? :rak_02:

Thanks for your time!

Oh, right. I also do not like going to other websites to RP... too many unknowns. But I was out of options so... Maybe I'll just try to get something going on these RP forums. Something really good, I'll start thinking of a story and try to get something really going here. Keep an eye out for the sign up post!

The best way to create stories is to find a handful of people you can work/write with and then brainstorm on something you'd all enjoy. It's not that hard, I guess people aren't just used to finding/searching in that way.

A good roleplay takes alot of preparation, you can consider it a form of screenwriting, albeit a bit more... spontaneous.

Yes it does take a lot of preparation. Looking back, my best RPs took a long time to start. But also, they take a few other dedicated members. I'll get to work, and hope for the best on here. Edited by Mando

A good roleplay takes alot of preparation, you can consider it a form of screenwriting, albeit a bit more... spontaneous.

The one I've been playing in on this site for almost six months now did not take any planning, it didnt even start as an RP, but it's been great fun. There are other RP threads in that section too, or the one I play in would just sit all lonely at the top, all the time.

Irony award.

Years ago people who RP'd in chatrooms, messengers, and other text only environments wished we had a place to do it with virtual avatars, virtual environments, sounds, etc. Now we have it and we use it to... arrange RP in text only environments?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Play-by-post RP is what kept me coming back to this website for over 2 years. I know exactly how you feel. Personally, what ended up driving me away was the grand purge of the forums. All of my fan fiction, all of my RPs with all of my friends gone in a moment. After that the old, reliable community of role players began to disappear. The dozen or so people I frequently RP'd with I now have no way to get in touch with. Most of them, like me it seems, did not get hooked by the game right away, or at all, and have simply disappeared. The reason play-by-post role play is dying on this website is because the community that kept it thriving pre-launch is all but gone. Maybe it's just me, but I enjoyed the stories I wrote with other RPers more than I enjoy the game itself. That type of commitment to writing and role play you just can't readily find here anymore.

That said, I'd love to try to bring it back. But if we do, let's keep it on this forum. If we write well enough, and remain consistent, I bet we could convert some promising role players.

Edited by Xenocognitos

• 1 month later...
I too love play by post RPin'g and everything, pre-forum purge I even wrote out out my Jedi Knight's biography, never got to post in or use it anywhere. And being in the EU a majority of the RP guilds that have on-going RP's I've often found are on US servers or are either Empire or Republic only and not both, at least in a guild sense. And sadly outside SW sites for RPing a lot of them don't know the Old Republic era very well.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an OOC for a RP if anyone wants to play. I came back to this site after the purge...but it is all so different...I RPed quite alot. I loved it... especially the people I RPed with. Great people.

If we could grow some more back to what we used to be with more creators and RPers...we could have a nice little niche. :)

• 4 weeks later...