Artifice

Kaffie

So whats the use of it? its the only crew crafting skill that can pretty much make nothing the others need, so for us that leveled it whats its point? Now with 1.3 all artificers are obligated to buy things from other crafters to boost their gear but they can make nothing to sell back in return exept fashion items and fancy crystals that people can get anyway if they grind enough.

Artificers can make lightsabers, and most of the modifications that go inside. To get all purple mods inside a level 21 lightsaber, all I have to do is buy an artifact mod (which I can buy for as little as 4k). I can make the rest. I put them all together, then sell them for something around 20k. I don't think that is worthless.

I agree with the worthless crew skill. I'm dumping it this weekend. I like the augment kits, but there's no denying that they screwed some of the skills over big time. Artifice could at least make/sell augmented sabers for some decent monies, now it's pretty worthless unless you find a purple crystal schematic....which you'll find sitting in between the unicorn and the leprechaun located in the secret area on Alderaan.

Artifice is unfortunately fairly useless at the moment. Orange lightsabers are a dime a dozen. Any one can augment lightsabers now. The hilts and enhancements are quickly replaced.

If the materials needed for some of the rarer color crystal schematics weren't so hard to get (and the stats on the crystal weren't so easy to get equivalents to), it would at least have some function. Take the 41 magenta crystal, it's hard to get the schematic, then once you get the schematic just to make one you have to go all over Alderaan to get two of a rare spawn, then do a longish quest chain (Tatooine, Hoth, Ilum) that requires a group at the end. It's really not worth the trouble unless you really want the color and you're probably not going to get a decent return on the time invested.

Artificers can make lightsabers, and most of the modifications that go inside. To get all purple mods inside a level 21 lightsaber, all I have to do is buy an artifact mod (which I can buy for as little as 4k). I can make the rest. I put them all together, then sell them for something around 20k. I don't think that is worthless.

so with the rakata or wh mods costing to replace 22k a piece and a lsaber having need for 4 slots and buying an augmentation kit costs 69 k... If I pay the buyer 25 k its on his best interests to buy my augmented bad looking saber over a kit! maybe i should stop leveling it on level 21 sabers as you suggest/

Edited by Kaffie

too lazy to find the quote (feel free to dig it up yourself, it was already copied in a similar topic), but devs have already said they are upgrading craftskills, however they're doing it in incremental stages, (and are early in the process) so at any one time the most recently upgraded skills are going to be significantly better than the others.

Feel free to switch the the FotM, (and you know going it that it *is* a flavor of the month).

I agree with the worthless crew skill. I'm dumping it this weekend. I like the augment kits, but there's no denying that they screwed some of the skills over big time. Artifice could at least make/sell augmented sabers for some decent monies, now it's pretty worthless unless you find a purple crystal schematic....which you'll find sitting in between the unicorn and the leprechaun located in the secret area on Alderaan.

where is the secret area on alderaan? im sick of the same basic sabre colours and really want new schematics for crafting new crystals if anybody will help me?

The issue with Artifice is there are no consumables. Purple crystals were eaten up when the fleet vendor had them. So the 1-time color crystal has little worth. Armormech, Synthweaving, Armstech and even Biomech have useables. Meaning you can sell to the same person repeatedly. Over time your can get repeated sales over an entire server, competing with essentially the others of your profession. Artifice cannot make anything top-grade. Even our BOE relic is crap compared to ones you can get from daily coms. And while Armstech could make schematics, Artifice can't. Cybertech is in the same boat, but they at least can RE armorings and such from the black hole gear to sell and make a tidy profit on.

So unless they give us something really outstanding, like a crystal that is more potent than you can get from OP weapons and the like, we're pretty much done. It doesn't help either than with so few Corusca Gem returns we can have a monster ton of mats to make purple items... and be short the purple stuff we need by miles. And with us being the only people who use Treasure Hunting, those items are horded pretty well. I'd call the current implementation pretty bad. And honestly unless we can make truely unique lightsabers or even being the source of the best relics in game we're pretty much SOL.

Of course I'm sort of use to this. I was engineering in WoW and I never made more than peanuts on my crafting skill there too.

Crafting crystals was pretty nice when the +41 ones got introduced a while back.

Making Magenta crystals is fun and rewarding.

The real money and use however is in getting lucky when reverse engeneering high end Enhancements and learning them as a schematic, which takes forever if your Artificer is an alt. Sadly it's incredibly luck dependant, unreliable and you have to get materials dropping in EC.

I RE'd an advanced adept enhancment lev 26, selling one or two a day at margins of greater than 250k. Other than that, I don't do anything with artifice, other than sell a few gormak inhibitors i stockpiled up on a while ago every now and then.

Yeah, artifice is totally useless... I make only over a million of creds a day (even over two) with the grade 26 enhancements. To the feller who posted before me - 250k is seriously too cheap for teh Campaign-grade gear. 500k-700k is what I go for. And it sells. Damn I love artifice.

At this stage I got my entire guild equipped for raiding (and it also made me good creds) with three difference DPS enhancements (got Initiative, Battle and Adept). I also have a relic which I used to sell for over a million but since 1.3 it's useless and not sought after. PVP relics are so good now :)

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Yeah I said I was getting margins of at least 250k. Not sell price. I started selling them at 780k but sales slowed and have since dropped the price gradually to around 520k (which is a 300k profit currently after buying all the mats).

• 1 month later...