howabout a brief root effect tied to our jetboost with talent?

XLimewaxX

It could be a second or two, and have a proc chance upon using jetboost. It can be tied to the sweltering heat talent. kind of like the sorc's overload root, except it would be shorter, cleansable, and/or not guarranteed to proc all the time. Edited by XLimewaxX

It could be a second or two, and have a proc chance upon using jetboost. It can be tied to the sweltering heat talent. kind of like the sorc's overload root, except it would be shorter, cleansable, and/or not guarranteed to proc all the time.

That would make it exactly the same as the sage/sorcerer talent, and they seem to frown upon exact duplicates.

I think a better idea would be to change Pinning Fire from a snare to a root, which by itself would solve a lot of problems. Minimal Change, no need to change gear or rebalance abilities, just a simple change.

i would prefer a separate root ability.

Personally I do not want another button to press, would greatly prefer that they change an existing ability or talent.

Pinning Fire seems like a perfect place to put it. High enough up the tree to prevent hybrid builds and strong enough to have a real impact in PVP and add some PVE usability.

I would like Sticky Grenade to get a root component from a Deep Gunnery talent, but that would require re-balancing the tree.

Personally I do not want another button to press, would greatly prefer that they change an existing ability or talent.

Pinning Fire seems like a perfect place to put it. High enough up the tree to prevent hybrid builds and strong enough to have a real impact in PVP and add some PVE usability.

I would like Sticky Grenade to get a root component from a Deep Gunnery talent, but that would require re-balancing the tree.

yeah, you're prolly right about the extra button...

but, i have a sniper, and that root plus 2 KB's, plus two stuns, and a interrupt...there's not much i can't kite efficiently as MM spec. (just gotta get your timing down on insta-snipe, FT, series, and the KB from 1.5 sec ambush)

root!!

make it happen, BW! :)