The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Aim or Power Augments?

mikeoxwells

As I understand it, Aim contributes to Crit like .25 and Damage .75, and Power is like 4 power for 1 damage.

I was thinking I could go either All out AIM till my crit is capped at 30, then start adding power augments.

Thoughts?

Gonna post this in Warrior forum as well since I have a Warrior too at 50.

Aim is better, especially if you run at least 7 pts shield for the % talent buff. It stacks directly with Inquis/Consular buff for 11% (if you go 7 shield) additional aim.

It also has to do with how are abilities scale with primary stat vs. power. Trooper/BH get much closer dmg to primary stat ratios compared with power than Inquis/Consular get for example (they have much better power returns than us).

Say you are in full War Hero Eliminator set just for an example. There is already a LOT of crit and surge on that set. So you would assume to get power augments because your crit/surge is high, but would you be better to stack Aim first? So my question would be, would you be better to get your AIM up as high as possible and get your crit from that and replace mods when possible to replace crit/surge for power on the mod/armorinng/enh to end up at the crit/surge you want?

Say you are in full War Hero Eliminator set just for an example. There is already a LOT of crit and surge on that set. So you would assume to get power augments because your crit/surge is high, but would you be better to stack Aim first? So my question would be, would you be better to get your AIM up as high as possible and get your crit from that and replace mods when possible to replace crit/surge for power on the mod/armorinng/enh to end up at the crit/surge you want?

Aim barely boosts ranged crit rating, it's kinda the froth on top of the cup of coffee. VG/PT get 20% aim to +dmg ratio, and approx 23% power to dmg ratio. That 3% is overcome handily by: the shield % talent, consular/inquis buff, and the fact that our "secondary stat" budget is restricted **)

** Our secondary stat budget has to be properly divided among: +accuracy, +power, +surge, +crit. It's stretched thin. If we didn't have to pay attention to accuracy we may be able to pump up the jam on +power more, but we lack the luxury. This limitation is intrinsic to the class because our aim/power ratios are so close, its meant to make aim more attractive to counter our white dmg (accuracy) reliance to a degree. Inquis/Consulars who have much less secondary stat budget worries (and basically no white dmg relevance, even as shadow/sin), get much more from power ratio-wise naturally.

Edited by ShiroRX