Post Rakata Gearing Question for Arsenal Mercs

Obmel

I am looking to upgrade my PvE gear now that 1.3 has hit. Let's ignore that all pieces will be augmented, as that is a no-brainer. I would like to keep the 4-piece set bonus from Rakata. My guild is not up to campaign-gear yet, so I am working on implementing Black Hole into my gear.

So, my question is: What BH gear should I buy? I already have the belt and earpiece. Is it better to purchase a certain BH piece (the helmet for example) and rip the mod and enhancement out to put into the rakata? Thanks for the input.

I heard that after you have 105% accuracy, the rest is a waste. Any truth to that?

you really only need 95% actually, you could stack to 100% if you wanted to be thorough b/c some of the newer bosses have 10% defense ratings.

every abilities, besides you base level 1 auto-attack ability, has 100% base accuracy. this means you only need to stack 5% more to negate 5% defense rating.

the argument that stacking accuracy improves your offhand damage is slightly ignorant. offhand has a base accuracy of 67%, 77% for abilities. to stack that to a respectable level, you need to sacrifice a large amount of offense (read: surge rating). offhand damage hits for such trivial amounts (~200-350 on a crit) that it is not worth heavily investing in trying to significantly increase offhand hit rates. you will see a minimal increase in dps, whereas stacking other stats will produce a much larger increase in dps.

So going back to my oiginal question, which pieces of BH gear should I get? I am currectly using the earpiece, belt, and chest. Is there a piece, like the gloves that I should get and pull the mod/enhance out to put into all my other pieces? Or just get each piece and put the armor/mod/enhance into my rakata in order to keep the set bonuses?

from what I remember, the gloves and pants are good for the armor and enhancement parts. the mods are not very useful. you'll end up just buying BH gear to strip stuff. there is a couple healer peices you'll want to buy to strip the armor mod as well. basically u want to swap all the 67 aim armor mods for the 61's you should have from the rakata stuff. save the power enhancements.

in all honesty though, arsenel has gone thru a lot of dps decreases in both 1.2 and 1.3 making this specific class really worthless when it comes to raiding. Everyone should let BW know we're not going to pay to play a broken class.

So going back to my oiginal question, which pieces of BH gear should I get? I am currectly using the earpiece, belt, and chest. Is there a piece, like the gloves that I should get and pull the mod/enhance out to put into all my other pieces? Or just get each piece and put the armor/mod/enhance into my rakata in order to keep the set bonuses?

You'll want to get 1 of each piece if you plan on keeping the Rakata to get the good armoring in them, since the armorings are restricted by slot. For just mods/enhancements, the Boltblaster Gloves and the Med-tech boots both have the good power mod in them and the gloves have the good acc/power enhancement and the boots have the good power/surge enhancement.

from what I remember, the gloves and pants are good for the armor and enhancement parts. the mods are not very useful. you'll end up just buying BH gear to strip stuff. there is a couple healer peices you'll want to buy to strip the armor mod as well. basically u want to swap all the 67 aim armor mods for the 61's you should have from the rakata stuff. save the power enhancements.

in all honesty though, arsenel has gone thru a lot of dps decreases in both 1.2 and 1.3 making this specific class really worthless when it comes to raiding. Everyone should let BW know we're not going to pay to play a broken class.

Arsenal is in a pretty good spot right now for raiding. We compete with every class if played well and geared right. Do we have to work a little harder? Sure, but we're far from worthless. With the armor debuff changes, we also passively reduce mobs' armor, giving every other class with an armor debuff an extra GCD to work with.

Could you imagine how dumb it would be if HSM still worked post 1.2 but pre-fix and TM hit as hard as it did pre 1.2? I was hitting 12-13k HSMs and my gear was nowhere close to what it is now. Dear God I couldn't imagine what I'd be hitting for now, and our DPS would be so skewed.

Edited by Areaz

BH implants x2 , ear

BH boltblaster leggs, head, gloves into rakata shell equivilant

BH gloves x2 enhancements into guns and mods into modable bracers/belt with advanced reflex 25+ armor installed

BH boltblaster gloves move mod & enhancement into rakata shell chest

War hero +113 power relic

All with 14. +18aim/12end augs Installed.

What I've done up to this point.

Edited by DarkForster

We're far from worthless.

I am now averaging about 1700-1800 DPS in HM EC.

If you are gearing for BH, I recommend grabbing the Black Hole pants first, seeing as you will NOT ever replace those if you are gearing appropriately.

After that, grab the gloves. From there, make sure your Accuracy is sitting at 100% ranged / 110% tech. To obtain that, stack Acc/Power enhancements. After that, throw in Power/Surge once those caps are reached.

My guide outlines proper gearing as well as gives my current gear setup.