+Sprint Speed Legacy Perk?

The_Old_One

Removed because it would have unbalanced pvp if your enemy could run to an objective faster than you

Yeah I mean it would be horribly unbalanced if somebody could get something purely based on time spent playing which would give them an advantage in PvP over other players... you know... like PvP gear... :)

Edited by RangerRobEU

Don't see how it would unbalance pvp. Anyone can get this perk right? :rak_04:

While that may be true, it would have forced everyone to purchase it to remain competative. This would essentially be come a "tax" on PvPers to play the game their way. To be competative in PvP you would have had to save up to buy all of sprint before PvPing. BW should have just found a way to "disable" sprint while in Warzones.

While that may be true, it would have forced everyone to purchase it to remain competative. This would essentially be come a "tax" on PvPers to play the game their way. To be competative in PvP you would have had to save up to buy all of sprint before PvPing. BW should have just found a way to "disable" sprint while in Warzones.

True, but with that thinking, they should have removed augmented gear from PVP warzones and only allow the gear they designate. Just like the legacy perks, not everyone can afford the high costs of getting augments/augmented gear.

The easy fair fix would've been to just disable it in WZ's like the rocket boost. It would've been great to have extra sprint while I'm at getting my PVE on.

True, but with that thinking, they should have removed augmented gear from PVP warzones and only allow the gear they designate. Just like the legacy perks, not everyone can afford the high costs of getting augments/augmented gear.

The easy fair fix would've been to just disable it in WZ's like the rocket boost. It would've been great to have extra sprint while I'm at getting my PVE on.

I see your point about the "any" advantage per cost argument.

I guess since rocket boost is like the vehicle mechanic and +sprint is to the avatar stats the two systems are different. It seems to me that perhaps there could have been a "debuff" to speed applied to those with the +sprint only while in zone type = warzone or something like that. *shrug* Just a guess don't really know the engine.

And if I could have ever afforded the +sprint perks I too would have loved to have them for PvE. :)