Group Finder Question

TheBuddyHobbs

I am kind of new to SWTOR and I played WoW for a long time. So my question is, are there dungeons like in WoW and if so can you be ported there or do you have to run? Another question is if not then with the new 1.3 patch coming will you be able to be ported over to the dungeon or will you have to run?

You can get ported if you like. I remember seeing on the intro video to 1.3 just before it moves on to the next scene, and the party is ready to go. A window pops up telling you a shuttle is available :)

Awesome thank you so much! How are the dungeons in this game? Are they pretty lengthy as WoW 20-40 mins? I am sure they might not be called dungeons in this game, so what are they called? lol

I am assuming do the dungeons just like in WoW is essential to getting good gear?

They are called Flashpoints (If you don't include group quests on each planet). They vary in length, I have only been into one that seemed to drag on a bit (Directive 7) lol. Same situation as wow, run them to get better loots and badges but aren't necessary. :)

Awesome thank you so much! How are the dungeons in this game? Are they pretty lengthy as WoW 20-40 mins? I am sure they might not be called dungeons in this game, so what are they called? lol

I am assuming do the dungeons just like in WoW is essential to getting good gear?

They are a good way to gear, but as others have said, not absolutely necessary. My guild on my old server before both died, did first couple of bosses in EV story mode OPs with mostly people who were brand new 50's (though Gharj was tough for that group). Each time we got Gharj, it was late and we disbanded for the night and never could get the group back together..which is too bad since the next two boss fights are far easier than the first two lol. Anyway, it's possible to do the story mode ops without first grinding out flashpoints, but you may start seeing more griefing from the community if you don't have x hit points when you join their groups. Doing dailies and getting those purple mods to put in your Orange gear is an alternative method of gearing. That's what I had to do when our old server died.

Now with the mergers (yes mergers, let's be honest here), the new server has enough pop to make the hard mode flashpoints doable. The group finder should help too. With a good group, the flashpoints go fast. With a not so good group, the trash pulls can make the runs go forever. Make sure you grab your daily and weekly quest for the fp's since those give additional rewards to help gearing. After the transfer, I did two EV runs, a KP run and a couple of Hard Modes in a little over a week and had the full 5 set Tionese for my healer Scoundrel and a Columni belt as well as a Columni level main hand and off hand (previous to the merger I was in Orange gear with daily level purple mods). The Columni and Tionese commendations rack up fast if you do your Daily/Weekly fp's and throw in an Ops or two.