The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anyone else surprised no nerf to Pyro in 1.3?

dardack

Even with all of the extra power from the relics and augments I have still never hit a rial shot for the same amount I did pre-1.3 with relic/adrenal. Since all we really had was the ability to burst someone down and now we can't really kill a healer it effectivley nerfed pyros.

That's more a l2p issue. A healer healing himself is going to be next to impossible to kill 1v1, but he isn't doing anything else or healing anyone else. This is working as intended. pre 1.2 you could insta gib a healer with relics, adrenals and so on. Now you have to work for it like everyone else.

Time your interrupts and your stuns and he will die just as fast as before. If not, he won't be healing anyone else while you are on him. Honestly I fear mara's and pyro's the least as an op healer. Cleanse/Triage their bleeds/burns and they are essentially neutered. Now a sniper, a good op, or a juggernaught are a headache and a half.

Just so everyone is aware, you should not be able to kill a healer 1v1 if all he is doing is healing himself. That's balance. If he is able to heal multiple and himself while damaging you, that's op. Just so you are aware ;p.

Edited by TheOpf

That's more a l2p issue. A healer healing himself is going to be next to impossible to kill 1v1, but he isn't doing anything else or healing anyone else. This is working as intended. pre 1.2 you could insta gib a healer with relics, adrenals and so on. Now you have to work for it like everyone else.

Time your interrupts and your stuns and he will die just as fast as before. If not, he won't be healing anyone else while you are on him. Honestly I fear mara's and pyro's the least as an op healer. Cleanse/Triage their bleeds/burns and they are essentially neutered. Now a sniper, a good op, or a juggernaught are a headache and a half.

Just so everyone is aware, you should not be able to kill a healer 1v1 if all he is doing is healing himself. That's balance. If he is able to heal multiple and himself while damaging you, that's op. Just so you are aware ;p.

So it is an L2P issue but it is working as intended the way I stated it? If it is intended what exactly is there to learn to play about it?

Pre 1.2 I could burst down more or less any healer with relics/adrenals in 1.3 I can't - in effect there is the change people were asking for with Pyros. I'm not complaining about it I'm stating the "nerf" everyone wanted was effectively already done.

So it is an L2P issue but it is working as intended the way I stated it? If it is intended what exactly is there to learn to play about it?

Pre 1.2 I could burst down more or less any healer with relics/adrenals in 1.3 I can't - in effect there is the change people were asking for with Pyros. I'm not complaining about it I'm stating the "nerf" everyone wanted was effectively already done.

Our ability to gib people is still unparalleled compared to other classes, but being able to completely obliterate someone despite w/e best efforts or defense they can muster is not particularly fair. Your aim shouldn't be to just instantly blast down a healer, especially in ranked, you should try to pressure them into healing themselves.

You'll see a pyro or assault in every top ranked team's dps train. That doesn't indicate weak to me.

Our ability to gib people is still unparalleled compared to other classes, but being able to completely obliterate someone despite w/e best efforts or defense they can muster is not particularly fair. Your aim shouldn't be to just instantly blast down a healer, especially in ranked, you should try to pressure them into healing themselves.

You'll see a pyro or assault in every top ranked team's dps train. That doesn't indicate weak to me.

Nobody's saying we're weak. We're just not the invulnerable gods of death with a 4-button rotation that a lot of people seem to think we are.

BTW, anyone who only uses four buttons, in ANY class/spec, is being carried by their team and is doing it wrong.

And if anyone claimed we were weak or any of that other jibberish you say, then you might have a point but I didn't say any of that. In fact what I did say you agreed with so you are confusing me.

And if anyone claimed we were weak or any of that other jibberish you say, then you might have a point but I didn't say any of that. In fact what I did say you agreed with so you are confusing me.

All I'm saying is were still very effective at what were doing w/o needing +400 power +15% all dmg every 3min to kill a healer in 3 seconds. It didn't harm us.

All I'm saying is were still very effective at what were doing w/o needing +400 power +15% all dmg every 3min to kill a healer in 3 seconds. It didn't harm us.

You seem really determined to win this fight you are not in. I didn't say it harmed us, I said it changed us .. you know .. THE EXACT SAME THING YOU ARE SAYING

Why do people see powertechs as overpowered simply because they have high damage? haven't people realised yet powertechs are squishy as hell? there's always going to be people complaining if another class does better than them, and at that point they cry 'OVERPOWERED!' In my opinion, they only class I see as anywhere near overpowered at the moment is marauder, not because of their damage, but their defensive abilitys are so much greater than PT's and they have self heals.

Marauder does damage, heals party members (through spec), buffs party members and has great survivability in certain situations.