Please sort out CC in PVP

DarthRik

Hi guys, and i hope anyone from BW, that may read this, i dont think they will, but hay one can dream.

Can you please do something about CC in PVP, at the moment its just a spam, you can spent whole fights locked down with one stun only to be done again once that one has finished.

Resolve is not worth the code it is writen with, at the moment it only works once your almost dead, it not filling upo fast enough to be affcetive and to stop the CC spam.

your Unleash move, cooldown is to long as it is now, it needs to be

1- dropped to 1 minute

2- restes after death.

i have great fun on my Mara, but the amount of CC spam is starting to piss me off, and its starting to feel worse that what WoW was, its sometimes like an insane frost mage orgie...

please please sort it out, or atleast comment that you see that there is a problem with CC in PvP and are looking into trying to sort it.

wishful thinking on my part buy hay one must try.

There is nothing wrong with cc in pvp, you need to learn how to manage your cooldowns better.

Your requests are unreasonable.

This. Lowering the cd to 1 minute means that you'd be able to counter every stun. Resetting the CD after death is dumb. I'll say it again: Resetting the CD after death is dumb. Resetting the CD after death is dumb.. Why? You people get Stunned MAX two times for 4 seconds each, for a total of 8 seconds. You're able, with a 1 minute CC breaker, to break every 1 minute stun. All the time. What this means is that 1 of those stuns is completely negated, so anyone who uses a stun on you pretty much wastes it. I'll say it again: anyone who uses a stun on you pretty much wastes it. Why?

You get stunned once, and wait it out. Then you get stunned directly after it, and now you have a full resolve bar. Then you instantly break out of it. The guy placing the second stun on you has done nothing whatsoever except (1) waste a cooldown and (2) given you a full resolve bar. This will continue to happen EVERY minute, and stuns will be nonexistant.

Stun breakers are kinda dumb, IMO.

Anyone that thinks the CC in this game is fine has never played a game with a proper anti cc system.

I frequently kill people from 100% to zero and they are unable to do anything. This happens to me sometimes too. Full resolve does not last long enough for the amount of CC available to your opponents in group play.

This will become even more apparent when you begin ranked warzones and your healers are consistently bursted down while being unable to do anything by a coordinated team.

Time to kill in pvp is shorter in this game than any ive ever played, yet the anti cc system is the least effective.

Edited by Kraegore

This. Lowering the cd to 1 minute means that you'd be able to counter every stun. Resetting the CD after death is dumb. I'll say it again: Resetting the CD after death is dumb. Resetting the CD after death is dumb.. Why? You people get Stunned MAX two times for 4 seconds each, for a total of 8 seconds. You're able, with a 1 minute CC breaker, to break every 1 minute stun. All the time. What this means is that 1 of those stuns is completely negated, so anyone who uses a stun on you pretty much wastes it. I'll say it again: anyone who uses a stun on you pretty much wastes it. Why?

You get stunned once, and wait it out. Then you get stunned directly after it, and now you have a full resolve bar. Then you instantly break out of it. The guy placing the second stun on you has done nothing whatsoever except (1) waste a cooldown and (2) given you a full resolve bar. This will continue to happen EVERY minute, and stuns will be nonexistant.

Stun breakers are kinda dumb, IMO.

that would be all well and good if resolve worked like that, but ive been stunned about 4 times in a row and its not filled it

Anyone that thinks the CC in this game is fine has never played a game with a proper anti cc system.

I frequently kill people from 100% to zero and they are unable to do anything. This happens to me sometimes too. Full resolve does not last long enough for the amount of CC available to your opponents in group play.

This will become even more apparent when you begin ranked warzones and your healers are consistently bursted down while being unable to do anything by a coordinated team.

Time to kill in pvp is shorter in this game than any ive ever played, yet the anti cc system is the least effective.

thank you

also yes im a Mara who us unhappy about the amount of CC in the game, guess its becuase i dont have any...

thank you

also yes im a Mara who us unhappy about the amount of CC in the game, guess its becuase i dont have any...

You have a channeled stun, an aoe mez and a root on charge. Not to mention the best defensive CC's in the game and the best group utility buffs in the game.

Stop complaining.

Except they are lowing burst damage in 1.3, not to mention good teams know how to protect their healers.

Edited by Orangerascal

90s CD on your stun breaker, reducing to 60s with the appropriate talents, wouldn't render CC useless. Yes, CCing the same person 2-3 times back to back would be rendered very dumb but frankly I don't think that is such a bad idea - eating two stuns in a row is pretty boring and having people need to think more about when to cc and when not to would be an improvement.

The OP's demands go too far but short of redoing the resolve system entirely a moderate reduction on the CD of everyone's CC-breaker would make PVP more fun for a lot of people without reducing the skill required to use CC, and CC breakers, wisely.

Yes im Annaliate

yes i have force choke, which i have to stand still to use and i cant hit you as i do it, it does a small amount of damage but nothing like the 4k i can do if i got to hit you.

i have a shout that stuns everyone, unless you dont get hit, its great, but once i smash you, your no longer CC'ed.

and i have a slow.

no knockbacks with talented snares, no CC that lets me beat them down.. nothing.

most of the people in this thread that say CC in PVP is fine, play the classes that have more than enough CC to spare. fact

most of the people in this thread that say CC in PVP is fine, play the classes that have more than enough CC to spare. fact

Most of the people that think CC is fine are solo players that have no idea what kind of effect this terrible resolve system will have on actual coordinated pvp.

Against actual good players you will be killed in 3 seconds or less if you are unable to react and use a defensive cooldown.

Less if more than 2-3 switch to you.

Edited by Kraegore

Err ... you realise that most people think that the marduader is in fact the most overpowered class. fact

Latest poll:

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=4fd1118de4b0d9e6e1039d57

pro-tip: If you're going to stick fact in your post ... better back it up with some data.

Edited by Orangerascal

Err ... you realise that most people think that the marduader is in fact the most overpowered class. fact

Latest poll:

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=4fd1118de4b0d9e6e1039d57

pro-tip: If you're going to stick fact in your post ... better back it up with some data.

i can also make a poll and ask players which class needs a nerf, for no reason what so ever other than they have been rolled by one, more than once.

ive been playing my Mara since day one of the game, wave one, early access, so im no FOTM reroller.

but i am stating facts, 90% of people in this thread if there honest, that say CC is fine in pvp play a class that has lots off CC.

Edited by DarthRik

ive been playing my Mara since day one of the game, wave one, early access, so im no FOTM reroller.

but i am stating facts, 90% of people in this thread if there honest, that say CC is fine in pvp play a class that has lots off CC.

Every class has a plethora of CC's. Your statement is as obvious as stating something silly like this:

Everyone who makes a post, has an internet connection.

Whilst true, bears little significance.

You have a case of the 'Idontlikepressingbuttonssoremovethemitis'. You wan't the CC system changed because you're probably a player who does not know how to manage their cooldowns properly.

You might as well ask bioware to dumb down this game to a 2 button smash fest.

Edited by Orangerascal

Most of the people that think CC is fine are solo players that have no idea what kind of effect this terrible resolve system will have on actual coordinated pvp.

Against actual good players you will be killed in 3 seconds or less if you are unable to react and use a defensive cooldown.

Less if more than 2-3 switch to you.

This is assist train, nothing to do with resolve.

Ok ok, you will use your CD, they (almighty extrasensoric good players) will all just instantly switch and assist train someone else. Then they will switch to you and burn you down when your CD will expire.

Really, what connection to resolve?

Except they are lowing burst damage in 1.3, not to mention good teams know how to protect their healers.

From what I've read on the PTS forum, it looks like TTK wasn't changed too much with the relic and boost changes. Now you're getting a large passive stat boost from the relics and with the addition of augments on everything people are hitting very hard. Burst is down only a little while overall damage is up. Going to be interesting to see how it plays out on live.

Yes im Annaliate

yes i have force choke, which i have to stand still to use and i cant hit you as i do it, it does a small amount of damage but nothing like the 4k i can do if i got to hit you.

i have a shout that stuns everyone, unless you dont get hit, its great, but once i smash you, your no longer CC'ed.

and i have a slow.

no knockbacks with talented snares, no CC that lets me beat them down.. nothing.

Your uptime damage is very high. Your class is balanced around not being able to stay on the target 100% of the time. You say yourself that you hit for 4k. How balanced would it be if you got to repeatedly do that with your target having no chance to peel you off?

Every class has a plethora of CC's. Your statement is as obvious as stating something silly like this:

Everyone who makes a post, has an internet connection.

Whilst true, bears little significance.

You have a case of the 'Idontlikepressingbuttonssoremovethemitis'. You wan't the CC system changed because you're probably a player who does not know how to manage their cooldowns properly.

You might as well ask bioware to dumb down this game to a 2 button smash fest.

Says the person playing a class with 2 instant CCs.

CC is fine in this game.

Mara complaining about lack of cc options when you have in your base skills leap for immobilise and a channel stun that does dmg AND builds your resources for later attacks. Also a aoe mez that affects 5 players

- In Anni you have leap on a 12sec CD down from 15 and can be used from any distance.

- In Carnage you have leap which imobolises for 4 sec up from 3 sec, a spammabe 3 sec root attached to deadly throw with 10m distance and a root on ravage for 3 sec. Plus force camo breaks roots and snare affects in this tree.

- In rage you have a second leap with 1 sec immobilise and the channel stun has no reducer attached when damaged.

This is not mentioning all the speed enhancers you have with force camo and predation (which affects everyone on your team).

Hard stun CC is counted as utility and is the only weakness a mara has currently just like merc not having an interrupt, it was a design choice.

Also if you want a faster CD on your breaker find a AC and spec that allows it, there are plenty of them out there.

Oh look, it's this whine again.

First, CCs in this game generally have cooldowns, so one opponent cannot lock you down over and over again.

Second, only time you'll be "locked down" by CC is you are up against multiple opponents who are all focused on you, or you got stomped by someone with much better gear. In either case it has nothing to do with the amount of CC in the game.