Be Carfull

Morvoldo

Please all Be carfull of receiving e-mails like this as they are FAKE in order to get your account details, have these for my WOW account, seems now there targeting SWTOR

they go like this :-

DO NOT CLICK LINK AND SIGN IN DELETE STRAIGHT AWAY

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Star Wars account(s).

As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.

If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.

It will be ongoing for further investigation by LucasArts's employees.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with: :

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

* Secret Question and Answer

Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. 2011 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights

DO NOT CLICK LINK AND SIGN IN DELETE STRAIGHT AWAY

just thought i would post mainly for the new commers to MMO's

Edited by Qishari
removed link to questionable site

These e-mails only prey on the weak minded. Why would BioWare need information that they already have?! That's always the first sign that it's a scam. These go right in the recycle bin along with chain letters... Edited by Tomb-Stone

These e-mails only prey on the weak minded. Why would BioWare need information that they already have?! That's always the first sign that it's a scam. These go right in the recycle bin along with chain letters...

But bad things happen if you don't do them; It says so! :eek:

Wow, they aren't even trying anymore are they? That has so many red flags that anyone with a hint of common sense would realize somethings not right. If you fall for this, you probably shouldn't be using computers at all, as you're putting yourself and possibly others at risk.

If you want to alert EA/Bioware 9though they are likely already aware) EA has an email address to forward phishing emails to (don't forward it to CS as it'll likely just be flagged as spam and deleted).

But bad things happen if you don't do them; It says so! :eek:

If you don't click any false links or forward any chain letters, the 21/12/2012 prophecy will come true... :confused:

Edited by Sauska

Ahh, scammers. They don't even try to mask their actions hoping for a blind statistics. General rule: if you fire 10.000 bullets SOME of them MUST hit something.

Same was for WoW, same is here. Generic mail with threats and request to provide your login data. All sent from an address like @gmail.com, @yahoo.com or any other free mail hosting site.

So, to avoid being scammed few tips:

- check the sender mail address. If it's NOT ending with @bioware.swtor.com; @email.swtor.com then ITS FAKE.

- no MMO developer will ask for your login and password. ANY, and I mean it, ANY request that urges you to reveal those IS FAKE. No matter the reason.

- another fake revealing fact: THREATS. If BioWare suspects you with something THEY BAN FIRST and LET YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT. Then you must explain yourself. They won't send you threats, warnings or any other details. Something is wrong - you have a ban. Simple as it is. Was it right or not BW will ban and await for your response.

- grammar and punctuation. 99% of fake e-mails WILL have grammar and punctuation errors. Sure - official mails are also written by humans and errors can occur. But when reading scam e-mails my eyes hurts.

And final: if you are unsure about certain e-mail - log in into your account (but Force forbid you using in-mail links - just open web browser, hand type swtor.com address and do the rest of log in procedure). Then make a support ticket and ask about your issue. SW ToR GM's won't be mad on you as security issues are top issues. And it's safer to ask three times and get clear answer than not to ask even one time and loose account.

Bullet proof method - get an authenticator.

nice one Sabaot on your post .

most of us who play MMO's know about these but there is a few who dont i know new commers would panic and click link and sign in me i always Delete and then log in normal way to game or throught the Launcher, i've actually phone up Blizzard before as i had a few telling me my Account was under Investigation as they trying to say i was seling toons on E-bay (thats another one also Free Mounts and items offers) as i say If in Doubt Phone em up or write Tickets or as Sabaot kindly put it Get an Authenticator.

me i always Delete e-mails i recieve from Blizzard or Now Bioware as anything i need to now would be on my account page in game/site.

if u ever do sign in with a link like this, press X in corner of window and open launcher press link to Swtor.com and log in and change Password StraIght away.

Edited by Morvoldo